Saturday, November 20, 2010

A New Diaper Cake Creation


Hey Everyone:

I know I know...its been a while since I last posted, but sometimes life has its way of giving us curve balls and we just have to go with the flow even when it means pushing to the side the things we love to do the most. With Christmas quickly upon us, my creative spirit is coming back. I have some wonderful projects in mind to make as gifts not to mention I am a little behind on my Christmas cards. Actually those are not too bad so I'm okay.

I wanted to share a recent project I made. If you look at some of my first posts to my blog, I posted pictures of two diaper cakes I made for two friends that were pregnant last year. Well last week, I made a third one for another co-worker/friend that was pregnant. I actually finished it just in time because she gave birth just this past Thursday to a beautiful little baby girl. The girls at work contributed monetarily to the project and another friend kindly donated her already made cake stand that we used for another project we had made for the baby shower. In this cake we have diapers, socks, onesies, bibs, washcloths, teething ring, car toy, travel-sized baby bath products and pacifiers.

Everyone was very impressed and I'm glad they were cause making these things are WORK. Haha :P

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Jen

2 comments:

pennyd said...

Glad to see you back! I love diaper cakes - they are such a neat idea. You are right about the work, I watched a friend make one.

Cheryl said...

Cute idea! Love the diaper cake!