Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Table Topper Blog Hop!

Hello Hoppers!

I hope you all have been enjoying the different projects you are seeing on this blog hop. Today is my day. Yay! I would like to thank Madame Samm for letting me be a part of another creative blog hop that she is hosting. Her hops are always so much fun and inspiring.

I made one project today and I used a new to me technique. My project involves paper piecing. I had never done paper piecing until now and believe me, there was some trial and error along the way. But the learning process was good and now I can say, I know it! Always a good thing when you can say you actually learned something even if you had to rip and redo and maybe curse a little along the way. Did I mention the internet is awesome? Not that I need to point that out right...Moving along!

I used an easy heart pattern found on this blog here. My fabrics were a stack of batik fat quarters that I bought at a quilt show I went to. It was hard to cut into them believe me, but I think the end result was worth it. ;)




This project measures 11 1/2 inches square. Did I mention I had a thing for blues and jewel tones? You probably got the idea already. 

I machine quilted the block with metallic thread to give it some glitz. I didn't have a plan with the quilting. I tend to go with the flow and decide along the way.



Now! Onto the surprise...hmmm what could that be I wonder?? I believe the correct term is... Giveaway!!! Woo Hoo! Yes I have decided to do another giveaway like the last blog hop, however this one is less work for me, but it may be hard for the winner. Why? Well I have decided to give away ONE $15 Gift Certificate to One of two awesome online websites. It will be the winner's choice which store they would like. The winner can either choose from The Fat Quarter Shop or from 123 Stitch.com. Decisions, Decisions I know...

If you would be interested in winning, please leave a comment on this post telling me you are interested, and you will be entered. You don't have to be a follower. PLEASE leave me your e-mail too. If I can't contact you, then I will have to draw another name. The giveaway will close April 30 and the Winner will be contacted May 1.

Time to hop on friends. Here is the schedule for today. 


Syd 

Enjoy the rest of the Hop!

Jen

115 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cute heart. I like the fabric added to the left side. Very funky finish.

Craftluver said...

Hi Jennifer! I am always buying from the FQS in Texas. They have excellent support and as I live abroad that is very handy! I love your new quilt! I will be on the blog hop wednesday. I hope you will come by to see my little ones! Enjoy all your visitors today! Hugs,
Marianna from Craftluver Marianna

charlotte said...

Love it! Paper piecing is a challenge, isn't it?

Lesley said...

Jennifer, your block is scrumptious...adorable...awesome...
gorgeous...you get the picture? Thank you for sharing and for the giveaway!

Betsy said...

Great topper. I love the colors

hueisei said...

Loved your table topper! Stunning!

Rose said...

Paper piecing a challenge, but a very good choice for a mini. Love your fabric.

QuiltSue said...

I love your topper, the colours are wonderful too. I'd love to be entered into your giveaway please.

Mhairi said...

This is a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing. I love the way the metallic thread make the quilt shine.

Ruth said...

Yes! Please enter me in this great giveaway! The table topper is gorgeous!

krislovesfabric said...

What a great idea to have a FQS gc, love their site! Your table topper is gorgeous, love the colors! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa England said...

I also love blues and jewel tones and think your topper is lovely! I would like to be entered in your giveaway. Thanks so much!

Renea said...

Very pretty mini quilt. Yes, I am interested in the giveaway. Thanks!

Scrapbook-ChickADoodle said...

I love the jewel tone batik fabric. It is gorgeous. You mini is awesome. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the opportunity to win!

Gmama Jane said...

Jennifer, I am already a follower which is only polite if I want to participate in your Give-a-Way. Like you lovely topper.
Blessings
Gmama Jane

yorkie mom said...

Adorable! Count me in for the giveaway.

Truffle queen said...

I LOVE paper piecing! It's so exact! Great table topper! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win your giveaway!

KatheG said...

This is really cute - thanks for sharing.

Kathryn said...

Who wouldn't want a gift certificate! Thanks for that and for showing your PP heart. I love the fabrics you used. Kathie L in Allentown

JudyCinNC said...

Throw my hat into the bucket - what a wonderful opportunity. Don't you just love the outcome of paper piecing projects. Yours is really beautiful and I love the metallic thread quilting. Judy C

StitchinByTheLake said...

Jennifer I've done only a little paper piecing but I did enjoy it - I found it a little intimidating but I think I just need practicing. I love your colors, they're just gorgeous! I would love to win your giveaway. blessings, marlene

Chatty Kathy said...

Very lovely Table Topper. Like the batiks; thanks for the giveaway opportunity.

Joyce Carter said...

Only one word-FABULOUS!
Thanks for the giveaway.

Lyn said...

I like your topper. Thanks for the giveaway. I am a new follower. I really enjoyed looking around.

Julie said...

Beautiful colors for your heart! Nice job!

KatieQ said...

My paper piecing skills are limited, but it doesn't stop me from trying to improve. I love your little table topper. The colors are really striking. I have a weakness for batik fabrics.
It would be heavenly to win a gift certificate to the FQ shop.

Carol Swift said...

Paper piecing and metallic thread--love it! I'm going to have to try metallic thread because I love how it looks on that beautiful little mini of yours. Thanks for doing a giveaway.

Linda said...

Love your paper pieced topper! Also love your giveaway!

Josie McRazie said...

I love your Mini!! How fun abnd bright!! Fun giveaway, too! I love them both hhmmmm Maybe I could get soemthing from the Fat Quarter Shop... ;)

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Fabulous first attempt at paper piecing! I love the colors and batiks are my favorite. Plus I like heart quilts too. Great job.

Michelle said...

I love your mini! & thanks for the chance at an awesome giveaway!

In stitches and seams said...

now that I have been teased about those on line shops I will have to go and check them out A gift cert for either would been a great way toget to know what they have...thanks for the give away
in stitches

tpott said...

I'm a hearts and stars girl, my favorite quilt blocks. I love the flair on the left side of the block and with the glitz of the thread, that must be one funky heart. Thanks for sharing. ;-> Toni Anne

Rachel said...

Awesome job! I would have never known it was a first try! Thanks for the opportunity and for participating in the Blog Hop!

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for showing us your work. Beautiful fabrics which you used so well. I'd be interested in a gift cert from the fat quarter shop.

DebbieM said...

Thanks for sharing your paperpiecing project. I've never tried it but might now. Thank you for the giveaway. deb.meyer77@gmail.com

Sharon B said...

I love the colors AND the modern take on the heart!

Unknown said...

Love your mini! You did a great job. Would love to be included in the giveaway.

Densews said...

I love the heart mini quilt. I haven't done paper piecing in a long time. Might give this one a try. Thanks for the link for the pattern.
Also thanks for the giveaway.

Snoodles said...

Wow! Your first paper piecing project and it looks that good? I am impressed! I'm also a new follower! Thanks for the chance to win, and thank you for joining us in this hop!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful table topper and what a neat heart! Your metallic thread really adds a lot. Would love to be included in your giveaway!

Teri said...

What a cute heart. I'm loving everyones table toppers.....and I love the stand everyone has. Your giveaway is wonderful. Nothing better than a gift cert. Thank you....

McKenna C. said...

What a beautiful tabletop! Please enter me in your giveaway!

~McKenna
mckmuff@gmail.com

Sparky said...

Good Morning Jennifer...wowzie...great paper piecing and your first no wayyyyyy lol It is fabulous..now sweetie...I want to include your table topper on our PINterest board but it won't allow me to pin...did you want to have it up ...let me know..

Michele T said...

Your mini quilt is a colourful jewel - love it!! Thanks for sharing and yes, I would love to be entered into your giveaway!

Shirlsu said...

LOVE the stylized heart and especially love the batik! Gorgeous!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Stunning table topper. Thanks for the opportunity to enter your wonderful giveaway :)

Judith said...

Jennifer, Beautiful topper and batiks. I too am playing around with PP. Just recently. Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas

Jeanie said...

Cute table topper and wonderful give a way! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

HELLO! CUTE HEART! LOVE TO BE ENTERED IN YOUR GIVEAWAY>THANK YOU!

msstitcher1214@yahoo.com

Julie Anderson said...

Your mini quilt is darling! Thanks for the opportunity to win such a great giveaway!!! :)

Jayme said...

Awesome!! Thx!! Jaytensen@gmail.com

Lee said...

I love your heart! thanks for the giveaway - I adore the fat quarter shop! :)

Jessica Jo said...

Your block looks to me like a present dropped it's side. Cute! I would be interested in a $15, but not tot he FQS. I would spend way more than 15$ there!

edyB said...

Beautiful heart ~ I love pp hearts and your choice of fabrics makes this one a winner!
Thanks for a chance on the terrific giveaway.
edy@burtis.com

Mrs.Pickles said...

what a pretty mini!! Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win

Carrie P. said...

well done on your paper piecing. it is a great little mini. love the fabrics you used.
Yes, I am interested in your very generous giveaway. thanks for a chance.

Linda Crosby said...

Very nice paper piece mini. Love the blues also. Count me in for the draw. Thank you for the chance

Diann said...

Isn't paper piecing fun? I love it. Please include me in the giveaway.

Carla G said...

What a cool heart!! And I love all the blues you used! Please include me in your draw! Thanks for a chance to win! :)
bcgeates at netbistro dot com

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Who wouldn't want to win fabric.

leanne said...

great quilt and love the fabric choice - thanks for the giveaway, who doesn't need more fabric right !

pinsandneedles said...

Very cute heart table topper! I would love to be a winner! Thanks for the chance.

Linda Lee said...

Awesome colors.. they are so vibrant! Thank you for sharing! I would love a gift certificate to my favorite on line fabric shop! Thank you for the chance to win!

Christine L said...

Love your mini! It's so cute! Thanks for the chance at a giveaway!!

Marcia W. said...

I'm interested - FQS - mlwright29(at)hotmail(dot)com My favorite color is blue so really like your batik mini hanger table topper - and your metallic stitching too. Good work!

Marcia W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie S said...

Such beautiful colors in your mini! Thanks for the chance at a nice giveaway!

Patty said...

Very nice topper! I'd love to be lucky enough to win a gift cert to FQS.

Judy1522 said...

Your mini table topper is beautiful. I would go with the Fat Quarter Shop as I currently have been looking at some fabric to buy from them.

Sheila said...

Gorgeous little topper , those batiks are so pretty ! I'd love to win a gift certificate to either one. Thanks

Vail said...

Gift certificate for fabric? Of course I am interested :). Very nice mini that you made

usagypsy said...

Would love to be entered in the giveaway! What a awesome job on your mini! I tried paper piecing once and just didn't like it! Yours turned out great!

Vickie said...

I love hearts!!! Yours is beautiful.

Sallie said...

Great job! Please enter me in your giveaway! Thanks!

Betty Lou said...

Your mini table topper quilt is stunning. These little quilts are perfect for paper piecing, glad you gave it a try. Love those colors.

Teresa in Music City said...

Absolutely love your heart table-topper quilt! Great job!!!

Cloud 9 said...

I like the quilting you did with the metallic thread. I haven't done any paper piecing in awhile but lately have been thinking about doing it again. Thanks for the chance to win!

Deonn said...

Jennifer your first attempt at paper-piecing is fantastic - of course I love batiks for the deep saturated colors. And how fun to brighten it with metallic thread. That's what would have had me mmmmuttering......
Nicely done!

Gwen said...

What a pretty block!! LOVE it! :-) Thank you for the chance to win!!~ :-)

LJ said...

Yes, I am interested; thanks. I, too, have just learned to do PP. It is fun and don't you just love those points!!

Lisa said...

I love you topper and I am interested in your giveaway. Thank you for participating in the table toppers I am really enjoying this everyday. Thanks for also doing a great giveaway with it.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love your batik heart mini...the metallic thread is a great touch! And, of course, I'd love to be included in a chance for your generous giveaway! Thanks!
~Terry~

Linda said...

Hi Jen. I would love to be entered in your giveaway.

Thanks, Linda

LeAnne said...

Love those batiks. Would like to be included in the giveaway.

Cherise said...

Your quilt is very striking! I love it! I would love to win your giveaway! Thanks for sharing! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You created a lovely mini - and using a new technique as well as special fabrics (the metalic was a perfect choice) makes this a special topper. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You created a lovely mini - and using a new technique as well as special fabrics (the metalic was a perfect choice) makes this a special topper. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You created a lovely mini - and using a new technique as well as special fabrics (the metalic was a perfect choice) makes this a special topper. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You created a lovely mini - and using a new technique as well as special fabrics (the metalic was a perfect choice) makes this a special topper. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You created a lovely mini - and using a new technique as well as special fabrics (the metalic was a perfect choice) makes this a special topper. Thank you for sharing with us today.

B Greene said...

Love the mini - especially quilting with metallic thread!! Thanks for being part of the blog hop! And super thanks for the chance to win a fabric gift certificate!!

B Greene said...

Love the mini - especially quilting with metallic thread!! Thanks for being part of the blog hop! And super thanks for the chance to win a fabric gift certificate!!

Quilt n Queen said...

I luv the batiks....gorgeous with the metallic threads. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing in the blog hop!! Thanks for the chance to win...(o:

Bobbie said...

love the jeweltones! Very nicely done! Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Jennifer - your Table Topper design is really different - I like it. Thanks for the opportunity for a giveaway.
Rosemary
nellieduclos@yahoo.com

free indeed said...

Definately interested and yes, it will be difficult to choose which gift certificate :)
freeindeed at myfairpoint dot net

Samantha said...

Gorgeous! I love the fabrics you chose!

Thanks for a chance to win.

bets said...

Very cut batik quilt! Thanks for the chance!

Katherine said...

Bravo on your first venture into paper piecing! You did a brilliant job. Those jewel tones are yummy! Thanks for sharing your pretty TT with us!

Thanks for a chance to win, Jennifer.

Pat V. said...

This is so cute! When I first looked at it, I saw a present. I really had to stare to see the heart! It's awesome!

Irina said...

I like your table topper!

Anonymous said...

Love your batiks! Oh, and great job with paper piecing.
Thanks for the chance at the give-away. I am a new follower from the blog hop.

Donna Joy said...

I'm loving batiks , and that heart is striking , it always amazes me how quilters can pick just the most gorgeous color combinations thanks for the giveaway.

MoeWest said...

Verrry nice mini! I think the batiks and the quilting make it especially lovely. Thanks for a chance in your giveaway.

robin said...

Wow - looks great for a first paper-pieced project. I've not tried paper piecing yet... :)

~Kelie~ said...

Your table topper is soo pretty!! I haven't tried the paper piecing thingy yet, kinda scares me!!! I will eventually tho. Thanks for the chance to win your great giveaway!!!
craftnursequilt(at)gmail(dot)com

Janet said...

I love the colours in your mini! Thanks for entering me in your draw.

PJ said...

Very nice table topper, I love the batiks. This has been a lot of fun to follow the different table toppers hop. Thanks for the chance to win!

jusaweecatnap said...

Really interesting design. Love the fabrics.

Solstitches said...

Lovely little mini in gorgeous colours.
I love the accuracy you get with paper piecing.
Margaret

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer, love the table topper, it looks fab. Would love the chance to enter your giveaway.

Anonymous said...

What fun! I would love to be entered please.

Pippa Parsons said...

love your colours, I'd love to be entered thanks

LJ said...

Yes, yes, I am interested in the giveaway. Thanks so much!