Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Crafty Cake!

Hello All:

As you can see in my "About Me" post, I have a lot of crafty addictions. Which is not a bad thing of course! Well amongst those addictions are cake decorating. Now this I haven't been doing long at all. In fact, I became interested in it like 1 year ago and funny enough I became interested in it after watching Ace of Cakes on Food Network. I love that show BTW! To make edible art is so cool and those pastry chefs are just so talented its mind boggling watching how they make just anything they want. I, unfortunately, have only made two cakes! I bought all of the stuff (which isn't cheap mind you) and have practiced very little. Too many other projects to do and so little time to do them all. I'm sure you all know the feeling. Well last week it was time to drag out all of the cake decorating tools and pray! My best friend's little girl turned one year old last week and my friend just had to have a Mickey and Friend's birthday party. She kind of procrastinated on the cake and I volunteered at the last minute to make it for her. I couldn't find a cake pan of Minnie Mouse so Mickey had to do and to the left is what came out. I didn't quite decorate it like the photo on the cake pan, but it sure looked like Mickey to me when I was done...and to everyone else too. The cake was a hit and all of my friend's family could not stop complimenting me about it. I was very flattered and was even told I should start my own cake decorating business. Just another business idea to mull over I guess. I've been told I should make a business out of my other crafts, but I haven't found the motivation to do that. Maybe in 2011 I will feel motivated to start! Who knows, I feel next year is gonna be a great year. I can just feel it. A lot of excitement coming my way.

Anyhow...Merry Christmas everyone to you and your families and I hope 2011 is a Blessed New Year for you all too. :)

Jennifer

No comments: