Happy Holiday Weekend!
I hope everyone is enjoying their relaxing weekend with friends and family. I love fireworks so I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow. The only downside is going to work the following day, but such is life right.
So between yesterday and today, I worked on a different paper project. Paperwishes.Com has many kit clubs and they are all wonderful values. If I had more money, I would get all of them. Unfortunately since food is more important, I have opted for a couple. One of the kits I get each month is called Class in a Box and they are fantastic. You get two projects to make and all of the materials to make them. It is a great way to try new paper crafts and you make beautiful items to either give as gifts or keep for yourself. Needless to say I have many kits I have yet to work on, so since I had extra time to play this weekend, I pulled one out. It was an Autumn paper wreath.
It is made from 64 paper leaves. The blue/orange leaves are made from a specialty paper called Color Me Paper. They come as white glossy papers with embossed images and you can color them with many mediums. The more popular method of coloring the papers is by taking an ink pad to them directly and then wiping the excess ink off so the embossed designs show up and the ink stays as the background color. A lot of fun to play with. I add a little bit of gold stickles to the tips of the leaves for a little shine. I think I will have a go at making another one but out of Christmas colors this time. I really enjoyed making this. Cutting the 64 leaves was not that much fun, but once that is done the rest is easy.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays everyone. :)
Jen
I hope everyone is enjoying their relaxing weekend with friends and family. I love fireworks so I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow. The only downside is going to work the following day, but such is life right.
So between yesterday and today, I worked on a different paper project. Paperwishes.Com has many kit clubs and they are all wonderful values. If I had more money, I would get all of them. Unfortunately since food is more important, I have opted for a couple. One of the kits I get each month is called Class in a Box and they are fantastic. You get two projects to make and all of the materials to make them. It is a great way to try new paper crafts and you make beautiful items to either give as gifts or keep for yourself. Needless to say I have many kits I have yet to work on, so since I had extra time to play this weekend, I pulled one out. It was an Autumn paper wreath.
It is made from 64 paper leaves. The blue/orange leaves are made from a specialty paper called Color Me Paper. They come as white glossy papers with embossed images and you can color them with many mediums. The more popular method of coloring the papers is by taking an ink pad to them directly and then wiping the excess ink off so the embossed designs show up and the ink stays as the background color. A lot of fun to play with. I add a little bit of gold stickles to the tips of the leaves for a little shine. I think I will have a go at making another one but out of Christmas colors this time. I really enjoyed making this. Cutting the 64 leaves was not that much fun, but once that is done the rest is easy.
Enjoy the rest of your holidays everyone. :)
Jen
2 comments:
Cool Jen! I stopped getting class in a box because I have so many still to do. I open them, think I can't wait to make that and on the shelf they go! I've just got the template club left. Their templates are what started me with HOTP.
Happy 4th and enjoy the fireworks!
Great projects. I want to thank you for visiting my blog hop and let you know I am a new follower
Post a Comment