Friday, July 22, 2011

So Beadwork can be easy...

Don't you just love those moments when things just "click"? You stare at something and analyze it 100 different ways to figure out how to do it and then all of a sudden you go Ah Ha! Now I get it!. Well that was me tonight with the beading on my Nora Corbett "J" Fairy Design. As I mentioned, this is an adventure for me cause it is a new technique. Until recently, I was an Aida and DMC only stitcher who basically only stitched kits. Hearing the word "Evenweave" scared me! So Bead work is totally a new realm for me as you can imagine.

I was working on my design tonight going about doing the beading and ended up stopping because I didn't like how the beads were laying. I kept looking at the chart picture and telling myself that my beads didn't lay like the ones in the picture. Plus my other clue was just the fact of how frustrating it was for me to count and find the right holes to attach the beads. That coupled with me using invisible thread just increased my stress level and made me stop to think about what I was doing. Then finally, I realized I was going up at the right holes but down in the wrong ones. That is what caused my beads to lay weird. Cue the "Click" and Ah Ha! moment. Well I was so happy to figure it out, I went and took out the beads I did and started over. Now they are laying like the chart picture. YAY!

Here is my updated pic. I'm really slow with the beads because 1) I check, check and re-check that I'm putting the beads in the right place and 2) I'm using invisible thread which I can barely feel in my hand let alone actually see. Its almost like I have to imagine the thread is on my needle.

I'm so looking forward to the weekend. This week has been crazy at work and I just want to vegetate in my house for at least one day this weekend and just stitch.

Happy Crafting!
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Very pretty. I have not patience for sewing of any kinds so I give you a lot of credit to figuring out those beads. I can't wait to see when it's done.

Karenliz

mdgtjulie said...

Glad to hear you "got it" Jen. That moment of epiphany is priceless!!! It looks good to me. Lots of beads. Lots and lots!!!