Sunday, December 4, 2011

Disney Trips Photos and a Special Souvenir!

Yes! I have more than one post today. I actually have one more after this. I just love to keep you guys up to date on my crafting craziness.

Okay...honest answers, who is a Disney fan? **Raising Hand** I am! I absolutely love Disney. I am so lucky to live in Florida close to the Walt Disney World parks. It is a place so special to me, I will never grow tired of visiting. I still watch the classic cartoon movies too. They are so different from the modern movies and I think that is what makes them special.

I visited Disney twice about two weeks apart from each other just recently. We had to split these trips up for special reasons, but it worked out! First we went to the Magic Kingdom on October 28 for their special Halloween party. Wow O Wow....that is such a great event. They give loads of candy and since the tickets are limited for this event, the park was way emptier than a normal day. What does that mean?? No LINES! Hallelujah! If anyone has gone on a normal day, you could be standing in a line for two hours to get on most of the rides. It is crazy. Their fireworks show was spectacular also.

Two weekends later, we went back to Epcot to attend their annual Food and Wine Festival. This was our first time and it was fantastic as well. We want to make this an annual trip if we can. They have 25 country stands with different foods and beers/wines to sample. It was all so delicious. Well, worth the second trip to Orlando.

Here are a few pics from both trips. I only got a few from the Halloween trip since my camera takes horrid night pictures. I got great pics of us in front of Cinderella's castle, but Disney photographers took that one. I can't upload it here.

My son and I for the Halloween trip.

Pics from the Epcot Food and Wine Trip:

Me, my son Christian and (Man Child) Brian :)

At least Stitch understands how I feel standing next to my boyfriend. Brian is 6'6". I'm 5'4".

Brian, Christian and our good friend, Romney on the left. He proudly admits to being a Disney fan.

Moving along to my special souvenir. :) On the first trip, we went to the Downtown Disney MarketPlace. There is a store called the Art of Disney. Beautiful framed lithographs and paintings of everything Disney. It is there I found this!

Oh yea! It is an authentic Art of Disney Cross-Stitch Design. You can only find these in Disney World. No store carries these. I saw this design all stitched up and framed in the store and I just had to have it. My boyfriend even wanted me to get it and make it for our home. So cool right?! It is Mickey Mouse painting a picture of Walt Disney. That is just priceless although the kit was pricey. This kit cost me $44.00. You read that right! Truthfully, it was cheaper than the others they had. Those were in the $70.00 range. I am so going to enjoy every stitch of this design. Walt Disney's face is actually an iron-on transfer. :O I'm a little scared of that part.

I hope you enjoyed my little rambling of Disney World. Here is an FYI from a Floridian...whatever you do...don't visit Disney in the Summer. The heat will kill you and the crowds will make you wild. The best time to go is in the Fall and Winter time. The weather is perfect.

Now off to write my 3rd post for the day. :)
Jen

1 comment:

Michele said...

I have 3 or 4 of those kits, bought a little at a time on each visit to WDW, but I have yet to make the time to actually stitch any of them. Hopefully in the new year, I will get a lot more on my crafty To Do list actually accomplished.