Monday, January 23, 2012

Updates! January IHSW and Tusal

I'm back again with another update. This weekend was the first International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for 2012. I spent yesterday working on my exchange piece for the Stitched with Love Exchanges, so I can't share that one yet. Believe me....I WANT TO! It is such a lovely design that I will be re-stitching for myself. I do hope my partner likes it.

I started another project today. I wanted to stitch one Christmas ornament a month this year for my Christmas tree. As luck would have it, Lainey started the Christmas All Year Around SAL blog where each month is a different ornament theme. Brilliant idea! I just had to join. January's theme is Santa. I was planning on stitching a Lizzie Kate design but later realized the design size was too big for an ornament. So I chose a different Santa pattern from this book in my stash library. It is one of three designs in a trio called "North Pole Greeting Ornaments".



I'm stitching this piece on 28 ct Ivory Jobelan using the called for DMC Threads.

Finally, here is my January TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitch A Long) Update. For three weeks of stitching, I've done quite a bit. A pat on the back for me. :)

**Editor's Note: If you would like to join in the TUSAL, just sign up a Daffycat's Blog. **

Have a Great Week Friends :) Thanks for stopping by.

Jen

14 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear very sweet stitching,,i love it and cute tusal jar..
love and hugs xxx

mdgtjulie said...

Your Santa is gonna be darling. Grats on making a new start, and on having a finish. I can't wait to see it! Hope you're having a good day!!

Topcho said...

This Santa you chose is such a cutie! And a very interesting and tempting Sal too, lol!

Anne said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend of stitching!! Great progress and I love your TUSAL jar :D

Joysze said...

Cute start, Jen. I can't wait to see your exchange piece.

Kate said...

Those are adorable :)

Linda said...

Great start on the Santa Jen. Love the ort jar.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

That's a great Santa! Great idea to finish an ornament every month! Your ORT jar is great and you got a lot done!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Just found your blog.

Love your ort container and your Santa is so sweet.

missy-tannenbaum said...

The ornament looks like it'll come out really well, and it sounds like a great idea for a stitch along, too! The reds look nice on the fabric you chose.

♥ Nia said...

Nice start! :) lovely designs!! :D

Linda said...

I love your ORT jar! So pretty..love the design of your blog too!
Love all your work.

Colleen said...

Wow, you have a lot of stitching projects going! Your Santa is so cute. Can't wait to see him finished & I can't wait to see your exchange stitching. You had a great stitching weekend, congrats!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely stitching :D