Monday, March 19, 2012

March IHSW and an Award!

Hello Friends:

I hope you all had a great weekend. Not sure what kind of weather everyone else is having, but ours in Miami has been strange this year. For one, it was an abnormally warm winter and now the rain has kicked in early. It almost feels as if our yearly wet summer is already upon us. No fun at all I tell you.

Anyways, this weekend was International Hermit and Stitch weekend. I definitely did my share of stitching today. I actually started a new chart last weekend which I am enjoying very much. I just love Country Cottage Needlework designs. I'm just drawn to the vibrant colors in many of the charts because they are so cheerful and colorful. I think I've also developed a new love for stitched cottages too!

I am now stitching "Sunflowers in Summer" by Country Cottage Needleworks.

(Photo was borrowed from CCN's site)




My Progress as of March 19:
I'm stitching this design on 30Ct Cocoa Linen by Weeks Dye Works and using the recommended DMC and Over Dyed Threads. I really love the happy sunflowers in the design. So pretty. :D 



In other news, I got a surprise this week and was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Linda at Stitchin with my Furbabies.

Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.

1.  Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to. 
2.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.  
3.  Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.  
4.  Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
 

**Unfortunately, I'm gonna be a rule breaker with this one. My problem is that most of the blogs I read have more than 200 followers and the ones that are under 200 followers have already received this award. Some bloggers have gotten it more than once it seems. So! I will just have to enlighten you all with 5 random facts about me and call it a day. :D Some of these I have mentioned before in other posts.

1) I am a competitive bowler. I bowl in two leagues a week and at least one tournament a month. My son and boyfriend are bowlers also. My son who is only 7 is really good and I always get a kick out of watching adults bowlers Oooo and Ahhhh over his skills.

2) I love Disney and take 2 vacations a year to Walt Disney World. 

3) I live in Miami but I hate the beaches here. I think our beaches are crappy. Not kidding!

4) I am addicted to coffee especially from Starbucks.

5) I absolutely adore the Harry Potter series. I have watched all of the movies (except the last) at least a million times and never get bored of them.

Thanks for stopping by everyone. I hope you all have a lovely week. The count down is on for me as I will be moving in about 3 weeks. My boyfriend and I are moving into a bigger apartment within the same complex. I am excited about that, but not excited about having to pack all my things. Believe me when I say, I have a lot of stuff. I think I could open a craft store with all my stash. If only genies and fairy godmothers were true I tell ya. I know what my wish would be right about now!

Take care friends. :)

Jen

17 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

The Sunflower Cottage is so pretty! It's always fun to learn more about other stitchers. I live close to Disneyland but I never go because it's so expensive! I hope your moving day is easy.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty stitching. Congratulations on the recognition. I enjoy coming and reading your blog. HA! I am a Miami girl too. Born and raised...lived in the Homestead area though for most of my life though but worked, shopped and entertained all over Miami. Moved to NC after hurricane Andrew hit us...also chose not to raise the kids down there in that mess. Miss it sometimes though but those are just memories of days long past. 20 years past about now...still have family down there though. I do miss the Planetarium and the Opera House, loved those places. And Metro zoo. The beaches have gotten crappy down there for sure...too many people not caring anymore. Crandon Park was a wonder back 30-40 years ago. But then again, those are childhood memories speaking too. LOL

Unknown said...

I love that design too, I think I have it in my stash somewhere... A beautiful start!

Carol said...

Such a pretty start, Jen! I'm sure you'll really love stitching that one. Nice to learn some new things about you... and congratulations on your award :)

Diane (di) said...

Congratulations Jen! Love the fabric you chose for this pattern. Great start!!

missy-tannenbaum said...

Your project is so nice so far, especially on that fabric, and it ought to make a gorgeous finish! Good luck as you continue!

Solstitches said...

Your Sunflowers in Summer is very pretty.
Congratulations on your blog award- nice to learn a little bit about you.
Who doesn't love Starbucks?
Margaret

Linda said...

Hi Jen. I too love CCN and have that chart. Great start.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hello

Congrats on your award.

Sunflower Cottage is beautiful!

Happy stitching.

Veronica said...

Congrats on the blog award. Sunflowers in Summer is looking great! Can't wait to see more.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Anne said...

Beautiful progress and congrats on the award!! I love coffee too and HP!!!

Heidi said...

Hi Jen!

Love that cottage design and love hermitting to get things done. I unfortunately did as much frogging as stitching during mine...lol.

Congratulations on your award.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi...a fellow hermit

tiffstitch said...

That's a great chart and nice progress this weekend. Nice award too. :)

Kate said...

I love the sunflowers! So pretty!

Joysze said...

Oooh, I like Sunflower, jen. :D It's going to be so cute when you're finished. :D

Good luck with the move!! I hope it won't be raining then.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D it looks like a gorgoeus piece.

Becca Sadler said...

Jen: congrats on the blog award and for having patience for the needle arts! :)

Good luck with moving! It's been 7 months since our move and 3+ months since the last house sold; we still have lots stored at my mom's, yet!