Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stitching Project Pics

Happy Saturday Friends:

I hope you all are enjoying your weekends so far. Just popping in today to show my progress on some stitching projects.

I finished Part 1 of the Dawn of Spring band sampler designed by Mouse for the The Friendly Stitchers Yahoo Group.


I'm stitching this project on 28ct "Ray of Light" Jobelan by Wichlet. The fabric is a soft light yellow, but you can't tell that in the picture. I'm using a skein of Caron Waterlilies hand dyed silk thread in "Terra Cotta". I love all of the pinks, blues and purples in this design. The gold beads give it that little bit of glitz. This part gave me really good practice with the Smyrna and Cushion Stitch. I hope I can finish Part 2 and Part 3 before Mouse releases Part 4 next month.  

I also worked on Halloween House by Ursula Michael this week. 

Before:
HH SAL 03-04-12

After:


Thank you for stopping by today. Happy Mothers Day to all you lovely mothers out there.

Take Care,
Jen :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your band sampler is gorgeous! Thiose colours are just delicious!

SoCal Debbie said...

Beautiful stitching on Dawn of Spring! I love watching your progress on Halloween House! I haven't done any of the black spiderweb borders yet.

Julie said...

Such a pretty Sampler and colours.

mdgtjulie said...

Looking good Jen. That spider web was probably not nearly as hard as it looks, lol. Keep up the good work!! And good luck getting caught up on DoS.

BeckySC said...

Oh, I love your Halloween piece :)

Anne said...

The Dawn of Spring is so beautiful! I love that colour you are using!! I'll have to get that colour!!