It is the beginning of February and as promised I am back to show my January stitching progress on my Heaven and Earth Design's "Bookworm Fairy".
I made really good progress although I didn't stick to my January challenge guidelines I originally set for myself. My goal was to stitch 100 stitches a day and around 500 on the weekends. Luckily this was my personal challenge, so I bent the rules around just a little bit to give myself more flexibility as the month went on. The 500 stitches on the weekends ended up changing to 300 instead. I quickly realized that with working extra hours this month including Saturdays, my stitching time (and motivation for that matter), was much less than I had hoped.. There were also days that I ended up not stitching at all or my time was focused on a different project.
Picture before starting challenge as of 1/1/14:
Progress as of 2/01/14
I finished a grand total of 2,240 stitches. The number is odd because I stitched two partial squares of 70 stitches each.
Quite a difference right?! The parking of the threads helps tremendously with a project of this size and detail.
Since it is a new month, I have decided to challenge myself with some new goals. I like the thought of rotating projects on a monthly basis. This way they all get some love and attention.
Bookworm Fairy will be my Tuesday and Friday only project this month. I'm almost done with the page I'm working on. My goal will be to finish the page this month.
My second focus project will be my Bluebell Fairy by Nora Corbett.
My goal is to finish stitching the wings. They are stitching completely in metallic thread. I know that's not everyone's favorite, but I actually don't mind metallic. Its so pretty to me. :-)
I have also started the new Frosty Friends series by Country Cottage Needleworks. I'm working on Racoon Cabin. I plan on finishing that one up this month.
And if all goes really well, I hope to have finished February Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks as well.
So those are my stitching goals for February. Wish me luck! I haven't made a good start yet as I have been hit with a horrible bug that just completely knocked me off my feet this past week. I now have this horrible cough that just won't go away it seems, but I am feeling much better.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today. Valentines Day is next week. I wish you all much love and happiness. Take Care All.
**Hugs from Sunny Miami**
Jen



7 comments:
Your projects are looking gorgeous. Looking forward to your progress through out the month :)
Hope you feel better soon.
You stitched a lot on your Butterfly Fairy. I love the colors in it. Bluebell Fairy is very pretty. I hope to stitch her some day. Good luck on your goals.
You've done realty well this month with the added work schedule, well done.
Beautiful progress! Good luck with your goals for this month:)
Brilliant progress! They are looking wonderful!
I have spotted you on goodreads too, I have just sent a friend request on there I hope you don't mind!
What wonderful progress on both, Jen!! They really are pretty :)
Hope your cough gets better soon--they sure can linger this time of year!
Both are gorgeous! Really love the colors in Bookworm Fairy.
Post a Comment