Hello Friends and Happy Spring!
I can't believe its been three months already since I last posted on my little blog here. Well actually I can. These last couple months have just been go, go, go with little time for much else. I think the day I chose Accounting as my career was the day I signed away all of the January's and February's of my life until retirement. Every weekend and most evenings were spent in the office. We did acquire a new addition to the family at the beginning of February.
This beautiful little girl is named Ellie. We have many stray cats that wonder around our apartment complex. It is heartbreaking really. This little girl just stole our hearts, well actually she melted my boyfriends heart more cause it was his idea to take her in. He's a dog person by the way. He has never liked cats. I already came to terms that he would never let me have a cat.... like ever!
One night, I came home with my son and this little cutie approached us at my car like she knew us. She had no fear at all. My boyfriend was working at his bar that night. I text him just to tell him about the adorable cat that approached us outside...end of text. At 4:00 in the morning, he comes home and what do I hear...him guiding the cat into the apartment. I thought I was dreaming. Nope! He says, "Jenny, I want to keep her." I'm still in shock at this point and say, "Well you better turn around and go to Walmart. We need cat stuff." He did. End of story. She had no collar, no chip and she wasn't fixed. Our vet estimated that she is only 1 year old. We can only guess that someone was feeding her, but that was the extent of her care. Poor thing had ear mites and worms. But now she is fixed, and free of worms and mites. She is loving life now.
March was an enjoyable kind of busy including a lovely weekend trip to Cape Canaveral, FL. The trip was more for a bowling tournament, but we used it as an opportunity to visit the Kennedy Space Center and also to explore Cocoa Beach, FL. A wonderful area to visit if you are ever in Florida. Pictures to follow in my next post.
Now that the year-end craziness has passed, I can finally concentrate on the fun things that have been calling my name. One of my new challenges now is learning how to knit socks! Yes, Socks! A tad bit different than cross stitch and crochet, but luckily thanks to You Tube and Google, I'm well on my way. I'm also trying very hard not to acquire more sock yarn. That's a new expensive temptation for a craft hoarder like me. There are so many beauties out there.
Before I show you my current sock in progress. I will give you a glimpse of my first sock attempt. I didn't use fancy sock yarn. I just used regular acrylic yarn, big double pointed needles and an easy sock pattern to get the feel of things. It was turning out great.
Until the very end at the toe...
It's okay you can laugh at it. My boyfriend did. He said right off the bat, "Um, the toe doesn't look right honey"...........Ya think dear?? Oh well this sock was not meant for someone with five toes. I know how it happened. When you are using 4 needles and your place markers keep falling off as you are knitting, you may just lose your place. I have affectionately named this sock my "Boo Boo Sock".
Now I'm working on this one:
I am knitting on two circular needles instead of double points with a beautiful sock yarn from Knit Picks called Sweetie. You can find it here. The pattern is called Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes. It is a free pattern on Ravelry here. If you into knitting and crochet, you must sign up on Ravelry. There are so many wonderful patterns on that site. Many of them are free!
I will keep you posted on my progress. I am not a fast knitter by any means. If I finish this one within a month or two, I will be ecstatic.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you will visit again. Now that the crazy season is over, I can dedicate more time writing on my blog to share pics of projects or pics of my travels. If you are a new visitor, please drop me a hello in the comment box so that I may come and visit you.
**Hugs and Love from Sunny Miami**
Jen





5 comments:
Your new addition is darling! As is your knitting :) I couldn't do that if I wanted to! Good job!
Love your new addition, she looks so happy :) I would love to learn to knit socks.....one day when I can get over my fear! I will look forward to the Kennedy Space Center pics :)
Love your new furbaby Jen. She looks like my Sparky. Your socks are looking great.
Linda
Socks are addictive, well done on your first pair, it looks better than my first attempt.
Love the new wool, that is gorgeous.
Awww your new furry friend is adorable, they say cats choose their owners, I guess she took a liking to you partner.
I'm so excited that you got a cat, Jennifer! Our dear cat Shadow came to live with us in just about the same way. My husband is very allergic and never, ever wanted one. But one summer day this stray cat showed up while my boys were playing in the yard and my husband was out of town. When he returned, I said, "Don't worry, we'll take him to the shelter." Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather when he said, "Well, let's just try it and see how it works." Shadow was such a major part of our lives for the next 14 years :) I hope your little Ellie brings you much happiness!
Lovely socks--I'm sure this next pair will be perfect!
Post a Comment