Monday, April 20, 2015

Ho Ho Ho and a Sampling of Easter

Happy Monday Friends:

I have two fun cross stitching finishes to show today. I am finally focusing on my long WIP/UFO list of stitching projects. They are listed on a separate page on my blog at the top if you want to peek.  

First one up is a sweet Santa ornament that I started back in 2010? or 2011? for a SAL. I never finished it then and I've just been working on it off and on as I felt inspired. I picked it up again a few weeks ago and realized I was right at the end with a little back stitching to do. That was enough motivation to get him finished. I love the little pom pom on his hat. I can't wait to put him on my Christmas tree this year. The background fabric is what I used on the back.


"North Pole Santa"
Design from the book: A Cross Stitch Christmas by Craftways
Stitched on 28 Ct Ivory Monoco using DMC Threads
Finished as a flat ornament using the awesome tutorial by Vonna - The Twisted Stitcher

My second is a 95% finish. I say that because the stitching is done, but the project is not yet finished off. I need to get some items from the store first.


Quick-It "Sampling Easter" by Lizzie Kate.
Stitched on 28Ct Lambswool using DMC, GAST and Weeks Dye Works threads

The fabric in the background is a glimpse of the backing fabric that I plan on using for this one. I'll post another pic when it is finished.

I would love to gift the chart for this one to somebody who would like to stitch it. If you are interested in the chart, let me know. It did include the little gold Bunny charm, but as you can see, I used it on mine. I'm sure a perfect substitute charm could be found.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I hope you have a lovely week. 

~ Hugs from Sunny Miami ~

Jen

9 comments:

Justine said...

Well done on not only finishing the cross stitch on the Santa but actually finishing him! I love the Sampling Easter and especially the fabric you are going to finish it with. It's so cute! I would love to stitch this but am in the UK so would understand if you didn't want to post so far.

Anonymous said...

I love the finish :)
(Thank you for the acknowledgement)
It is perfectly beautiful and I love that Easter stitch too! I have it in a little basket :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely finish. That little pompom is just too cute!Love the colours in the Easter design, and the fabric looks wonderful too.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Jen.

Linda

Barb said...

Very cute finishes!The Santa will look great on your tree next Christmas. I love the Easter design but I'm knee deep in Samplers right now. It is sweet of you to offer the chart.

Julie said...

Superb santa ornament finish.
Love the bunny fabric that's going to adorn your lovely latest finish.

blue star stitcher said...

I love the backing fabric you chose for Santa and the Easter piece. Great job on the finishing too!

Renee said...

What great finished and nearly finished projects!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching and your finishing is lovely.