Hello Friends:
June has flown and now its time to say Hello to July. The summer time down here means that our A/C is working overtime.
Since the bowling season has finished for me until August, I now have much more time to spend on my projects during the week.
*Stitching Progress*
Sunflowers in Summer by Country Cottage Needleworks
Before:
After:
The Cottage is looking more like a cottage.
Olaf is my cheerleader on this project. He cheers me on to keep stitching.
*Knitting Progress*
I am still working on my first sock. I believe the last sock picture I posted was my first attempt on smaller needles that I decided to rip out. I found the sock to feel too tight around the ankle and it worried me that if I kept on going, it would continue to feel too tight. I decided to frog what I had done and start again with the next size needle to be on the safe side. It worked out so much better.
I am a short socks kinda gal. Most sock patterns are designed to be really long up the leg and those don't appeal to me. I decided to just do a 1/4" ribbed cuff to prevent the sock from rolling down at the ankle and jumped to the heel flap part of the pattern. I can't wait to finish this sock so I can start the second sock. I know exactly what mistakes I made on this sock and made note on what to do different on the next one. The second one will turn out much better. I'm also starting to accumulate a sock yarn stash so I better get to knitting!
*Crochet Progress*
I haven't let my hook sit aside for long. I try to rotate my time between my stitching, knitting and crochet so each project gets some work done on it. It's a strategy that's actually working for me. This is a finished set of coasters I crocheted using cotton yarn. The yarn was a self-stripping yarn. The color changes on each coaster are different, but I think this set turned out lovely. These are currently listed in my Etsy store since I'm crazy to think I can possibly keep everything that I make.
I also have a new beanie hat in progress and I've made a couple more cup cozies. I will save those for another post.
Thank you so much for visiting with me today. I am counting down the hours till me and the boys go to the theatre to see Jurassic World this evening. I've loved Jurassic Park since I was a kid. The trilogy has been on TV so much this last month that I've probably watched all 3 movies a dozen more times each. I never get tired of them.
Have a wonderful week and Thank You as always for the lovely comments you leave me.
**Hugs and Love from Sunny Miami**
Jen




4 comments:
Your cottage is really coming along! I love the sock photo. I couldn't even begin to knit a sock.
Fabulous sock in the making, great choice of wool.
Cottage is looking good too.
Great progress on all your crafting projects. Love the cross stitch design just right for this time of year.
Lovely project - I especially love the colours of the sock. What did you think of Jurassic World? I must admit I was a bit disappointed.
Post a Comment