Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Wedding Card


Well I finally found some spare time to work on a card this weekend. Over at the Paper Wishes Message Board, our June Card Swap Theme was Weddings. I find it interesting how June is the favorite month for Weddings, although if it were me, I would not choose my wedding to be in June. It is just way too hot down here in South Florida and thinking about stepping outside for anything just makes me start sweating.

So to the left is the Wedding Card I made today. I used all Hot off the Press materials to make it. The Wedding Cake focal is actually a Dazzle Sticker from the Wedding/Anniversary Scrapbooking Dazzles. I placed it on a sheet of white card stock. I colored in the open areas with colored pencils and added the rhinestones. I "carefully" cut around the sticker and matted it onto black glimmer paper.

I have also decided to enter my card into The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. This week the theme is Wedding/Anniversaries.

3 comments:

pennyd said...

Jen, the card is beautiful! I'm going to list your blog on my blog - I love your work!

Jennifer M. said...

Thank you for the Kudos Ladies :)

Penny...I appreciate the flattery. :D I try my best and hope the card turns out the way I like. It irks me when I ruin a nice piece of paper for a card cause things didn't come out the way I wanted. Now to scrounge up nickels for a Cricut Machine!

Unknown said...

Hi JEN
Very nice wedding card, can you tell me how to add the paperwishes tag you have on your blog i have tried to get it to put onto my blog and it did not work for me, any suggestions? Thanks Patti