Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Week...New Challenges


Hello All:

I can't believe the summer is half way over. My son goes back to school in four weeks already. I remember the summers being longer than this. Then again I didn't work those summers cause I was still in school. The good ole days. :Sigh:.

Well today I was in the card making mood and found two great challenges to enter. Pear Tree Designs Challenge #10 is to make a Birthday Card. The layout came from the new sketch challenge over at Sunday Sketch & Stamp. I have to admit I really like sketch challenges. For me, deciding on the right layout for my cards is the hardest thing. The only sketches I stay away from are the ones with circles. I don't have circle die cuts I can use yet and I definitely am not going to attempt hand cutting circles. That would be too frustrating. Anyways, all of the materials for my card came from Paper wishes. The stamp focal is from the new Paper wishes stamp set, Magical Birthday. I colored it with colored pencils.

Have a Nice Week All and thanks in advance for your comments.

8 comments:

Arianne said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Good luck in the draw!

Karen said...

Great card, love the image, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
xx

pennyd said...

Great card Jen! I haven't got that stamp set - yet! I like the colors you picked. I have been afraid of sketches, but I'm finding I really like them as well!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely.Great colours.Perfect image for the challenge theme.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
Lisa x

Clare Lloyd said...

Such a lovely card and yummy birthday cake image! good luck and thanks for joining us at Pear tree designs this week. X

Donna said...

Lovely card, love the image!

Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs and good luck

Donna x

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

Wow very original!! love it!!! Thank you for playing with Sunday Sketch & Stamp
Mandy

Claire said...

Lovely card - thanks for playing along this time with SS&S. Hugs, Claire x