Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Rainy 4th of July


Well it has been a rainy 4th of July afternoon here in South Florida. I'm sure there are some unhappy people right now cause their BBQ or beach plans were ruined. I can not remember when its rained on the 4th of July before. It usually happens on Memorial Day. It seems as though each year, the rain stays longer and longer. I often have to remind myself that I live in South Florida and not Washington State. I myself did not have plans today, so with that, I made a card that I'm entering into two challenges this week. Challenge #12 at Phindys Place Challenge Blog is Red, White and Blue. The digi is a Phindy's Place Image called "Up and Away". I'm also entering this card into the Friday Sketchers challenge this week. The layout of the card is their sketch of the week. In case you were wondering, the papers came from Michaels and the embellishments came from Paper Wishes.

7 comments:

pennyd said...

Nice Jen! You seem to really be enjoying the digis! Be sure to check out Crafter's Digital Art Center, it's a new site and it is LOADED with Freebies!

Again, thanks for the kind words on my blog! Anytime you want to take a class, come on up to Maine! I have lots of spare bedrooms now LOL

Tammy said...

Ahhhh....I'm sorry it rained on your 4th of July but WOW, your card is so awesome!! Rainy weather must agree with your mojo!!!

Thank you for joining us this week at Phindy's Place!! Hope to see you again!!! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

ohhh so sorry you were rained out! and here we need rain!
love your card - balloon is riding away - thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's , hope you can join us next week too!
hugs

Sylvia Blum said...

I'm sorry you had a rainy 4th of July!
Your card is so pretty! Love all the layers of paper and the image is so adorable :)
Thanks for playing with us at Phindys Place challenge!
Sylvia xx

Annika said...

Absolutely wonderful colouring and gorgeous interpretation of the colour scheme. The layout is just perfect, fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at Phindy's Challenges, hope to see you back next week!
Hugs
Annika

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a nice card...
Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

Ann English said...

Very cute---I have yet to color this one-certainly is perfect for the red, white and blue! Thank you for joining us for the Phindy's Place Challenge this past week! A new challenge was posted today-hope you will join us again!