Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Pretty ATC to Share


Happy Thursday Friends:

I decided to work on a different kind of project tonight. It felt nice. I don't know about you, but I need to change up the projects I work on because I tend to get bored doing the same things. Plus my printer ran out of toner on me tonight so not much choice but to work on a project that didn't need a digi. I'll address that printer problem this weekend. Must have digis! :D

So over at the Paper Wishes Message Board, our Paper Craft Swap Challenge for this month was to make an ATC using shades of our favorite color. I chose pink! Kind of a hard pick since I also love blue and purple too, but I really wanted to use these gorgeous rose dazzles I had from Paper Wishes. Plus the sentiment coordinated perfectly. The pink shading around the sentiment is chalk ink. The color is "Pixie Dust" by VersaMagic. I used a q-tip to apply it around the edge of the sentiment as well as on some of the rose dazzles. I used papers from the "Jewel" Cardmakers Pack from Hot of the Press, Rose Dazzles by Hot off the Press, and pearl embellishments from Michaels. I really hope my swap partner likes it. I'm very proud of how this came out.

I'm submitting this project to one challenge this week:

Fab N Funky Challenge: Challenge #39 - "What-Eva"

I'm also linking this project up to Fab N Funky's Design Team Call so the lovely ladies can pop over and view my blog. Hopefully if I get around to getting more toner for my printer this weekend, I can upload a new card for their challenge this week. I'm feeling a fun Halloween card is in order. :)

Enjoy your Friday everyone. As always, your comments are very much appreciated. Bye for now!

3 comments:

pennyd said...

It's beautiful Jen! I like making ATCs as well, the small "canvas" is a challenge for me. Good luck with the DT call, your projects are wonderful! Come visit me!

Joann Mannix said...

You know, I'm so in awe of you and your kind of people. And I'm not meaning that in some craft racist way when I say your people. I'm just saying, I have absolutely no talent when it comes to creating with your hands and your mind and your heart and it is just so splendid and inspiring to me when I see hand made work like this. Simply, simply beautiful.

And yes, I made it home from Mexico alive and it was everything all of you reassured me and more. Thanks for your kind comments.

Emma H said...

Beautiful card, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky!