Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Best Wishes Masculine Card

Happy Tuesday Everyone:

First off I wanted to say Welcome to my new Followers **Hugs**. It is always so exciting to meet more people who share the same love of crafts and needle-arts as I do. Thank you for being a part of my little space in blog land. :D

Well I mentioned before that I was going to be back with a Christmas card, but it turns out I was asked to do another card. I was watching TV on Sunday night at 1 AM (having one of my insomniac moments) while also texting my dear boyfriend (he works nights) when he asks me if I could make his best friend a card for his going away dinner party this Wednesday night. His friend has decided to attend a college in Charlotte, North Carolina to finish his degree in Architecture and he is set to officially leave with his girlfriend this weekend. I know my boyfriend will really miss him. They are more like brothers than friends and the adventures of dumb things they did in their younger days could easily fill a 500 page book. Enough said!

So how thoughtful of my darling to tell me A) about the party two days before hand and B) ask me at the last minute to make a masculine card of all cards at the next to last minute. Because masculine cards are just so easy to make....? Of course he laid some ground rules for me. The card could not have any girlie froo froo or cutesy things like bows or flowers or glitz. Well duh honey! it is a card for a MAN. Too bad for him I got the Stickles on the card and it still screams man so he has to deal with that. I was very tempted to stick a flower on it for giggles but thought better of it.


I did one special thing for this card that I have never done before. The yellow on the beer mugs is actually a piece of paper behind the image. I did not have a good beer yellow colored pencil to color the digi-stamp with so I had to improvise by cutting those pieces of the digi-stamp out and backing the image on the yellow paper. Pretty clever I thought!

Card Recipe:

5" x 6" White Cardstock Base
Cheers DigiStamp by DigiStamp Boutique (Get it Here)
Papers - Hot off the Press - Earth's Palette CardMakers Kit. (The best papers for man cards)
Buttons - Hot off the Press - Masculine Embellish-Abilities
Silver Stickles
Gold and Silver Mini Brads - Hot off the Press
Martha Stewart Zig-Zag Border Punch
Colored Pencils
I made up the Sentiments for both the inside and outside.

Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting,
Jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you are a very skillfull card maker! I actually bought a very good Finnish book about card making a couple of months ago that has in it step-by-step illustrated instructions for making a lot of different kinds of cards. A real find for someone like me who loves to make pretty little things but has zero experience at making cards. Now I'm just waiting for inspiration - or necessity - to strike!

mdgtjulie said...

It looks great Jen! It is masculine, even with the glitter, lol. Great job by you, and with so little time!

pennyd said...

Great card - wouldn't be the same without the glitter! I hope your boyfriend and his friend both like the card.

Joysze said...

"Girlie frou frou" LOL!!! It's a beautiful card, Jen. I'm sure it'll be treasured always.