Hello Everyone:
I can't believe this weekend is over. They just never seem to last long enough I tell ya. Well this weekend I devoted some time to stitching. Joyce over at Random Ramblings hosts the International Hermit and Stitch weekend on the 3rd weekend of every month. Everyone that signs up commits to working on their stitching projects over the weekend and posts their progress pics on Monday to share with the group. There is no set amount of hours you have to stitch which is great, although I did my fair share.
I'm currently working on two projects. I switch off so I don't burn out on doing just one. The first is this coaster and trivet set of Flip-Flop motifs I bought from The Stitchery.com right here. Now I bought this kit to make these as a gift for my aunt and her friends. They are from Phoenix, AZ and just came down to Key West, FL for a vacation. Since I live in Miami, it was just a hop, skip, and jump to go join them. They had such an amazing time I wanted to make them something with a beach/laid back island theme to remind them of their wonderful vacation. I thought this little set of flip flop coasters with the trivet were very cute. Plus they are a quick stitch which was a plus. I finished my first coaster this weekend and here it is.
My second project I worked on was my Nora Corbett "J" Fairy. I am finding that this design is not going to be as quick to stitch as I initially thought. The bead work is definitely a slow go and there are many color changes in the design. I'm very fickle about keeping my back neat so I'm always stopping and turning it over to look. However, I don't mind the slow speed because I'm loving the colors in this piece. It uses Crescent Colors Hand Dyed Floss with Mill Hill Beads. This is my first piece with beads and I love it. Too pretty! Watching this come to life is going to be exciting.
I hope everyone has a good and fast week. I know my week is going to be crazy at work. We are missing a worker in our department so the rest of us have to pick up the slack till she comes back. :/ I'll be back with a Christmas Card creation this week so stay tuned. There are so many card challenges this week with Christmas in July as a theme. I can't pass up not entering those. :)
Happy Crafting!
Jen
I can't believe this weekend is over. They just never seem to last long enough I tell ya. Well this weekend I devoted some time to stitching. Joyce over at Random Ramblings hosts the International Hermit and Stitch weekend on the 3rd weekend of every month. Everyone that signs up commits to working on their stitching projects over the weekend and posts their progress pics on Monday to share with the group. There is no set amount of hours you have to stitch which is great, although I did my fair share.
I'm currently working on two projects. I switch off so I don't burn out on doing just one. The first is this coaster and trivet set of Flip-Flop motifs I bought from The Stitchery.com right here. Now I bought this kit to make these as a gift for my aunt and her friends. They are from Phoenix, AZ and just came down to Key West, FL for a vacation. Since I live in Miami, it was just a hop, skip, and jump to go join them. They had such an amazing time I wanted to make them something with a beach/laid back island theme to remind them of their wonderful vacation. I thought this little set of flip flop coasters with the trivet were very cute. Plus they are a quick stitch which was a plus. I finished my first coaster this weekend and here it is.
The acrylic coasters came with the kit which was great too. The designs are stitched on 18ct White Aida using DMC floss.
I hope everyone has a good and fast week. I know my week is going to be crazy at work. We are missing a worker in our department so the rest of us have to pick up the slack till she comes back. :/ I'll be back with a Christmas Card creation this week so stay tuned. There are so many card challenges this week with Christmas in July as a theme. I can't pass up not entering those. :)
Happy Crafting!
Jen
4 comments:
Hi Jen! :)
Those are darling coasters!! You're in Miami? Oh my..... we're in Ft. Lauderdale!! :D How exciting to meet someone in this neck of the woods!!!
Love how your J is shaping up. I've always thought of stitching her one of these days, and it'll be so nice to see yours take shape. :D
Your coaster is so cute! Love your start on your J Fairy!! I have always wanted to stitch one of these! Can't wait to see your progress.
Hi Jen, I didn't have a way to reply via email to your comments, so thought I'd leave you a message here. The rains have been nice, huh? Although, it makes everything muggier. LOL!
Great progress Jen. Love your coaster, and I'm a big fan of Nora Corbett!!! Can't wait to see more progress!!
Post a Comment