Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Cute Penguin Card

Happy Sunday Everyone:

Check out this cute Winter card I made this weekend. This cute little penguin is the freebie this week over at Pink Gem Designs. You can pick him up here. I love Winter cards and I really enjoyed making this one. Taking the picture was quite interesting too. Any person watching me on the floor trying to get a decent shot would have been laughing. It is not easy photographing cards with foil paper because it is so shiny. I had to use a little photo editing to make it look pretty to post.



Card Recipe:
5 x 5 White Square Card Stock
Winter Foil Papers and one piece of matching color cardstock by Hot off the Press
Winter Penguin Digi by Pink Gem Designs
Colored Pencils (Nothing Fancy)
Snowflake Dazzles by Hot off the Press
Border Punch by Recollections
Silver and Pearl Stickles by Ranger
2 Satin Ribbons in coordinating colors from my stash. The bow is a blue ribbon. The ribbon stuck to the card was a wider white satin ribbon.

I'm entering this card into these challenges this week:

1) The Beary Scrap Design Challenges - Sketch
2) Crafty Emma's Challenges - Recipe - 3 Papers, 2 Ribbons, 1 Image
3) One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes
4) Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking and I really do love reading your comments. :)

Happy Crafting!
Jen

16 comments:

pennyd said...

Very sweet Jen! I have a lot of penguin stamps - my youngest loves them (still, even at 21).

Cheryl said...

Jen, I LOVE this card. Everything about it is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the foil papers!

Karenliz

Sue said...

Hi ya
gorgeous card,great image & colouring, beautiful papers,thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty I love the colors of this card. Thanks for playing with us at The Beary Scrap.
~Patricia

sparklingblackrose said...

This is lovely Jen, fab colours :-) Thank you so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have new candy if you would like to enter :-)

Nicecrane Designs said...

wowww love your back paper and all over the funny penguin,,,,,,woww,,wowww, wowwwwww

Renee said...

I love your card. The digi is just too cute. What a great job. Thanx for playing with us this week at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again, soon.
Renee DT

Josephine said...

This is so sweet! Love the image and shine!


Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Donna said...

Beautiful Christmas card and such a lovely combination of papers and colours...thanks for sharing with us at CES this week :) Donna x

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Ahhh so cute! It's been so hot I want to just jump right in that card and feel the snow flakes on my skin...hope you are staying cool...I remember how hot it can get in FL and it puts an oven to shame! Stay cool and keep making those oh so cute cards. :)

Jamie said...

What a great take on the sketch, I love your sparkly card. Thanks so much for playing in our Beary Sweet Challenge, hope to see you again next time!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

karen said...

Very cute indeed, gorgeous card, thanks for joining our receipe challenge at CES, hope to see you again, Karenx

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Haha! I *so* feel your foil-photographing pain. This turned our great! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge & Blog Candy - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Marjo said...

Wonderful project, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Anything Goes” Challenge.

Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

xoxo Marjo

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the Beary Scrap! Good luck.
hugs,
Gini