Happy Monday Morning!
Well it is 2AM my time, so yea that would make it Monday morning then right?! :) I was very fortunate to have a crafty productive weekend. I was able to make a card (two actually, one was not my original design). I worked on my "J" fairy cross-stitch project and I managed to work on the baby crochet afghan blanket that I started a few months ago. I really do like stitching on the weekends because the TV always has some re-runs of movies going on. I managed to watch some of the Harry Potter movies for the 100th time as well as the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie for like the 90th time. It is all good. It is just noise for me really since I pay more attention to my stitching than anything. I also happened to catch a Lifetime TV documentary movie on J.K. Rowling. It was very inspirational and some parts of it made me cry. Lifetime movies tend to do that to me sometimes. I honestly never knew what her life was like before her Harry Potter fame. Actually once I watched that documentary, I decided to finally watch the first installment of the new Harry Potter movie that is out. Don't get me wrong, I've read the first 6 books and saw those movies, but I kind of put off seeing the 7th one until I read the book. I finally said Oh Well and watched the movie anyways. Since I hate going to the theater, I have no choice but to read the 7th book to catch the ending to it all. The first movie ended in such a cliff hanger with so many questions unanswered that I now have to read the book to satisfy my curiosity or I will go crazy! Better for me since I will finally have a book to talk about on my reading blog. I've been neglecting it these last few months. Just haven't had much time to read.
My progress pictures: Nora Corbett "J" Fairy - I did some more bead work today
My next progress picture is my Round Ripple Baby Afghan:
I purchased this pattern with yarn kit online from Herschnerrs.com. I wanted to practice my crochet skills and pattern reading skills some more while also making a co-worker a little gift. This has given me really good practice and it is an easy pattern. It is all double-crochet (except the middle). I have about thirteen more rows to do which doesn't sound like much but it is. The design grows more in stitches every few rows so it takes longer to do a full circle of the stitches as more stitches are added. I have no set deadline for this, but I'm gonna try to do a row or two each week until it is done.
Enjoy your week everyone! Thank you as always for your kind comments.
Jen
Well it is 2AM my time, so yea that would make it Monday morning then right?! :) I was very fortunate to have a crafty productive weekend. I was able to make a card (two actually, one was not my original design). I worked on my "J" fairy cross-stitch project and I managed to work on the baby crochet afghan blanket that I started a few months ago. I really do like stitching on the weekends because the TV always has some re-runs of movies going on. I managed to watch some of the Harry Potter movies for the 100th time as well as the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie for like the 90th time. It is all good. It is just noise for me really since I pay more attention to my stitching than anything. I also happened to catch a Lifetime TV documentary movie on J.K. Rowling. It was very inspirational and some parts of it made me cry. Lifetime movies tend to do that to me sometimes. I honestly never knew what her life was like before her Harry Potter fame. Actually once I watched that documentary, I decided to finally watch the first installment of the new Harry Potter movie that is out. Don't get me wrong, I've read the first 6 books and saw those movies, but I kind of put off seeing the 7th one until I read the book. I finally said Oh Well and watched the movie anyways. Since I hate going to the theater, I have no choice but to read the 7th book to catch the ending to it all. The first movie ended in such a cliff hanger with so many questions unanswered that I now have to read the book to satisfy my curiosity or I will go crazy! Better for me since I will finally have a book to talk about on my reading blog. I've been neglecting it these last few months. Just haven't had much time to read.
My progress pictures: Nora Corbett "J" Fairy - I did some more bead work today
My next progress picture is my Round Ripple Baby Afghan:
I purchased this pattern with yarn kit online from Herschnerrs.com. I wanted to practice my crochet skills and pattern reading skills some more while also making a co-worker a little gift. This has given me really good practice and it is an easy pattern. It is all double-crochet (except the middle). I have about thirteen more rows to do which doesn't sound like much but it is. The design grows more in stitches every few rows so it takes longer to do a full circle of the stitches as more stitches are added. I have no set deadline for this, but I'm gonna try to do a row or two each week until it is done.
Enjoy your week everyone! Thank you as always for your kind comments.
Jen
3 comments:
Grats on all the progress, Jen. I love that baby blanket. It's beautiful!!! And Your J fairy is coming along too. All that beading is slow, cause you have to keep stopping to get a bead on your needle!! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see them both finished!
Hey Jen!!! Playing catch up on blog reading this week.....
J is looking fabulous. I love those green beads, yummy yummy!!!!! :D
Love the baby afghan as well.... the colors are so sweet. :D
hi there wonderful afghan.. :) IO am a HP fan and I am with you...haven't seen the last movie as I too wanted to read the book 1st...
Post a Comment