I don't have any stitching pics to share today but Fear Not! I have been stitching. I just have been working on my exchange piece for the Rotating Designers Exchange. You know those pesky rules that you can't show what you are making till your recipient gets it first??? Yea I know...bummer.... but I really wish I could. It is going to be a cute little piece when I'm done. I'm actually done with 99% of the stitching. My next step is finishing it and that part worries me. I've never finished any stitching before so I'm really hoping all goes well.
I wanted to share with you all a delicious dinner recipe I found. I am all about easy recipes that are not much fuss. I am a single mom, who can't afford to spend a ton of money on groceries. Plus, I don't have the patience to make three course dinners every night. My brain just can't handle that after a day at work! So yesterday, I went interwebs searching and found this recipe on the Campbell's website. Yes, the same company that makes the yummy soups in the red and white can that has been around forever. The dish is called "Zesty Beef and Rice Skillet". It is delicious and budget friendly. You all have to try it!
It only takes five ingredients:
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 (1 pound) boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1 jar (16 oz) Pace Picante Sauce, ( It can be the mild kind or spicy kind)
1 cup of Swanson Beef Broth or Beef Stock
1 cup of uncooked regular long-grain white rice
Chopped Parsley for seasoning (optional)
Directions:
~Over Medium-High heat, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil and add the beef strips.
~ Cook until well-brown. Pour off any fat.
~Stir in the Picante sauce, the beef stock/beef broth and rice and bring mixture to boil.
~Reduce the heat to low and let cook for 20 minutes.
~ Sprinkle in some parsley for added taste
Done! It is so easy and tasty. This would also taste great in burritos or tacos. BTW, don't make my mistake and buy the ready cook rice. You know, the kind that's pre-cooked and you only have to zap for 90 minutes to be ready?? Yea lets just say that mine came out a little soupy like cause my rice couldn't absorb much of the liquid. It was an honest oversight! I realized the rice was the wrong kind the minute I poured it into the pan. **Sigh** I proudly admit that I am a blonde and have my blonde moments. It happens! Anyways, my dinner came out great anyways and it was devoured. Enough Said.
Three cheers for the holiday weekend coming up! That means Monday is an official stay at home and be lazy day. Yay! Plus, I want to give a big welcome and virtual hug to all my new followers (friends). :D
Happy Stitching and Cooking!
Jen
I wanted to share with you all a delicious dinner recipe I found. I am all about easy recipes that are not much fuss. I am a single mom, who can't afford to spend a ton of money on groceries. Plus, I don't have the patience to make three course dinners every night. My brain just can't handle that after a day at work! So yesterday, I went interwebs searching and found this recipe on the Campbell's website. Yes, the same company that makes the yummy soups in the red and white can that has been around forever. The dish is called "Zesty Beef and Rice Skillet". It is delicious and budget friendly. You all have to try it!
It only takes five ingredients:
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 (1 pound) boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1 jar (16 oz) Pace Picante Sauce, ( It can be the mild kind or spicy kind)
1 cup of Swanson Beef Broth or Beef Stock
1 cup of uncooked regular long-grain white rice
Chopped Parsley for seasoning (optional)
Directions:
~Over Medium-High heat, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil and add the beef strips.
~ Cook until well-brown. Pour off any fat.
~Stir in the Picante sauce, the beef stock/beef broth and rice and bring mixture to boil.
~Reduce the heat to low and let cook for 20 minutes.
~ Sprinkle in some parsley for added taste
Done! It is so easy and tasty. This would also taste great in burritos or tacos. BTW, don't make my mistake and buy the ready cook rice. You know, the kind that's pre-cooked and you only have to zap for 90 minutes to be ready?? Yea lets just say that mine came out a little soupy like cause my rice couldn't absorb much of the liquid. It was an honest oversight! I realized the rice was the wrong kind the minute I poured it into the pan. **Sigh** I proudly admit that I am a blonde and have my blonde moments. It happens! Anyways, my dinner came out great anyways and it was devoured. Enough Said.
Three cheers for the holiday weekend coming up! That means Monday is an official stay at home and be lazy day. Yay! Plus, I want to give a big welcome and virtual hug to all my new followers (friends). :D
Happy Stitching and Cooking!
Jen

4 comments:
Dang, I was all excited over a new recipe and it's got picante sauce in it. I'm not much of one for Mexican food. Too spicy for me!! I don't even do tacos unless they have sour cream on them, lol. Ah, well, thanks for sharing!
That looks yummy Jen!! And yes for the 3day weekend!!! :D
Your making me hungry...yummy! I will defiantly try this recipe:) Thanks for sharing!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
BTW, I meant to tell you, your blog is darling and so many great inspirational projects. I am now following:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
Post a Comment