Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Can you believe Fall is upon us and the kids are back in school??? Good grief this summer flew by. When I was a kid, summer felt like it dragged on for an eternity. By the time July came around, I was ready to go back to school. Now the weeks just fly by like nothing.

So with Autumn time comes what?? You guessed it...Halloween! A day when eating candy is your reward for enduring the stressful time of costume hunting. This year, Halloween is going to be extra special..for my son that is. Not on Halloween Day per se' but the week before. We are taking him to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. I've heard it is fantastic and Disney goes all out. I can't wait.

Now to get on to the point of my post, I have a Halloween card to share. Tada!
Through another blog, I found Cupcards to Go. The owner, Cassandra, puts together wonderful card making kits that include coordinating papers, ribbons, card blanks with envelopes and embellishments. She is having a sale right now on past kits and other items. If you are a card maker (I know a few of my followers are :D ), you should head on over and check out her site. Personally, I'm a huge fan of buying kits where all of the supplies are coordinated for me. Deciding on colors and coordinating embellishments is a stressful process for me. I would rather have that done for me. I'm the same way about quilt kits. I would rather buy those than pick out the colors for a quilt myself.

For this card, I bought the October 2010 kit from Cupcards to Go. All of the supplies were Halloween themed. I also purchase some extra papers with the chipboard embellishments for a few extra dollars. The supplies are a mish-mash of different companies, so I don't know what came from where. I can tell you the card is a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2", using 4 different papers, one ribbon, rhinestones, and silver stickles. I just love the papers. I hate spiders, but I love the spider paper. The moon, candy corn, stars and cat are chipboard embellishments. FYI: regular tape adhesive doesn't work with chipboard embellishments, you have to use tacky glue.

I'm going to enter this card into Fab's Making Halloween Cards Challenge. The theme is either Black Cat and/or bunting/banner.

Gotta run! My honey is waiting on me.

Happy Crafting!
Jen

8 comments:

DaCraftyLady said...

cute cute cards...Halloween will be here before we know it..

Fab said...

Great card, thanks ever so much to participate in my Halloween card making challenge. Xoxoxox Fab

mdgtjulie said...

That's a great card. Good luck in the Challenge!!

Joysze said...

Awesome card, Jen!! Good luck with your entry. :D

pennyd said...

Hi Jen, great card! I love the mix of papers. I didn't even know Fab had a Halloween blog.

We survived Irene just fine - didn't even lose power. We do have to pick up all the branches that came down, but nothing major (thank goodness).

Thanks for asking!
Pen

Unknown said...

Very cute Jen, i wish i had more time to do all these Blog hops. you have a great Card and good luck. :)

Sherrie K. said...

Great card Jen~I need to go check out those kits. Love the paper combo. Great halloween card!!

Thanks for stopping bu my blog and leaving such a sweet comment:) Appreciate it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Rez P. said...

Aloha,
Oh this card is sooo cute. I can't believe it's almost Halloween. TFS. I am your newest follower and I hope you will visit me too.
Hugs,
Rez
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/