I sooooo wish this weekend would not end. It was awesome. The perfect lazy weekend....well almost. Since school begins today for my son, I had to leave my couch to pick up some essential items **cough** school supplies**cough**. Procrastination much?? Yea very much so. ;)
Besides that my weekend was great. I stayed inside with my boys and we ordered in food on both days. God bless those restaurants that deliver. Now enough babbling... on to the fun part of my post!
This weekend was International Hermit and Stitch Weekend hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings, and Boy Oh Boy did I do that. I worked on three projects this weekend. Yes, 3! The first is my Nora Corbett "J" Fairy. It is so fun knowing that so many of you are a fan of this design and are enjoying my posts about it. I have a lot of followers whose name starts with "J".
I also started stitching my Exchange piece for the Rotating Designers Exchange. I can't show or give any details yet except that it is a design by The Prairie Schooler. That is our chosen designer for this rotation. It is a cute design and I already know how I'm going to finish it. My sewing machine will be really grateful that it will finally get used after so long of being ignored. Actually the sewing machine will be thanking me more than that soon since I plan on working on a quilt or two in my near future. I love having a variety of projects going on. This way I don't burn out on one project.
I also began stitching the Tree of Stitches design by Abi at The Stitch Specialists Yahoo Group. I started stitching the tree trunk, but I haven't quite finished it yet. I'll make sure to post pictures of it on my next update.
Thank you for stopping by and an even bigger THANK YOU for your lovely comments. The encouragement from you wonderful bloggers is what keeps me motivated to keep creating.
Happy Stitching!
Jen
Besides that my weekend was great. I stayed inside with my boys and we ordered in food on both days. God bless those restaurants that deliver. Now enough babbling... on to the fun part of my post!
This weekend was International Hermit and Stitch Weekend hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings, and Boy Oh Boy did I do that. I worked on three projects this weekend. Yes, 3! The first is my Nora Corbett "J" Fairy. It is so fun knowing that so many of you are a fan of this design and are enjoying my posts about it. I have a lot of followers whose name starts with "J".
(click pick for detail)
My goal this weekend for this design was to finish the "J" part of the design. Not only did I finish the stitching, I finished all of the beading and even re-beaded the very top where the flower is. Now all of my beading is correct. I'm really loving the earth tone colors of this design especially the predominant green colors. It reminds me of my birthstone. I am a May baby which makes my birthstone Emerald. The next part of the design is the fairy sitting on the "J". I will start on her this week...or at least try. Lately work has been dragging me down. All I want to do when I come home is just veg out in front of the TV and do nothing.I also started stitching my Exchange piece for the Rotating Designers Exchange. I can't show or give any details yet except that it is a design by The Prairie Schooler. That is our chosen designer for this rotation. It is a cute design and I already know how I'm going to finish it. My sewing machine will be really grateful that it will finally get used after so long of being ignored. Actually the sewing machine will be thanking me more than that soon since I plan on working on a quilt or two in my near future. I love having a variety of projects going on. This way I don't burn out on one project.
I also began stitching the Tree of Stitches design by Abi at The Stitch Specialists Yahoo Group. I started stitching the tree trunk, but I haven't quite finished it yet. I'll make sure to post pictures of it on my next update.
Thank you for stopping by and an even bigger THANK YOU for your lovely comments. The encouragement from you wonderful bloggers is what keeps me motivated to keep creating.
Happy Stitching!
Jen
13 comments:
Jen, It's beautiful! WOW you sure did work on lots of projects! Good for you!
Ooh - busy weekend! Well done, love the "j" and look forward to seeing the fairy
Wow, Jen. I think you have more patience than I. I too am looking forward to seeing the fairy.
Jen, did the boys *really* need those school supplies? ROFL!!!!! ;)
"J" looks awesome!!!! and I can't wait for your fairy start. :D
Oooh, I'm dying to see what colors you've picked out for the Tree of Stitches.
Yeah.... I hear ya about vegging after a long day of work. Sometimes that's all I have energy for, as well. :(
Jen, I'm trying to catch up on blog posts, but I'm glad I picked today so I could see the J - very nice!
As for school supplies? Why bother - he'll lose them all the first week and you'll need to buy more :)
My advice, wait the week and then buy them - he can take an old pencil to school and then really appreciate what your hard earned money buys him! (on second thought, that never worked for my kids...)
wow, there were a lot of projects going on :) And although my name doesn't start on J I love it and love the colours :)
Wowwww....beautiful project!
I wish it wouldnt end either lol! Your projects are lovely
Such a pretty design, lovely work!!!
Your J is so pretty! I can't wait to see more of it!
I love the Nora Letters, and my name too starts with a "J"! Your progress is great, especially to have some o fthe beading out of the way.
i love to see more of this one, the colors are beautiful.
Hugs Yvon.
I've seen a few of these Js just lately and I do like them. It's beating September Fairy for my Birthday chart at the moment.
I'm another late starter of the TOS, my fabric is ready and waiting...
Post a Comment