I know I know...you are all probably thinking why am I up at 12:00am making a card?? I realize this is when normal people sleep yes, BUT on Saturday nights, I'm not normal. You see, I look forward to my Saturday nights because it is my craft time. My boyfriend is at work and my child is asleep. That leaves the house and more importantly the TV to myself without distractions! :D Plus I drink caffeine and that just gives me a boost of creative energy that needs to be let out somehow. So tonight's creative outlet was a card while watching Star Wars Episode One on TV. More like listening to it actually.
I made this card for my Christmas challenge over on the Paper Wishes Message Board. I challenged the forum members to make a Christmas card from Paper Wishes supplies that included a bow and real or faux stitching on it somewhere. Easy!
My card is a 5 1/2" X 6 1/2" using the following Paper Wishes supplies:
1) Papers from the Cardmakers Creative Christmas Pack
2) Image is Paper Tole Art from A White Christmas Paper Tole
3) Snowflake Dazzles and Sentiment Stickers are the Frosty Woodland Dazzles
4) Foam Squares for Paper Tole are these.
5) The Faux Stitching around the edges was made using the Easy Stitches Template
6) Ribbon for the bow came from my stash. It was a leftover piece I had laying around.
Thank you for looking! Now onto some stitching projects that need attention to.
Hope you all are enjoying your long weekends so far,
Jen
I made this card for my Christmas challenge over on the Paper Wishes Message Board. I challenged the forum members to make a Christmas card from Paper Wishes supplies that included a bow and real or faux stitching on it somewhere. Easy!
My card is a 5 1/2" X 6 1/2" using the following Paper Wishes supplies:
1) Papers from the Cardmakers Creative Christmas Pack
2) Image is Paper Tole Art from A White Christmas Paper Tole
3) Snowflake Dazzles and Sentiment Stickers are the Frosty Woodland Dazzles
4) Foam Squares for Paper Tole are these.
5) The Faux Stitching around the edges was made using the Easy Stitches Template
6) Ribbon for the bow came from my stash. It was a leftover piece I had laying around.
Thank you for looking! Now onto some stitching projects that need attention to.
Hope you all are enjoying your long weekends so far,
Jen
9 comments:
Hi Jen,
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for becoming my latest follower.
I love this card. Like the way you made the arch..remind me of a snow globe that i have. Has a little snowy scene just like your card.
Hope your enjoying your weekend!
Hugs,
Lynne x x
Very pretty!! Love the little scene you created. I love when I can have late night crafty sessions too :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning :)
What a lovely card, Jen! I adore Christmas cards with cozy scenes on them! I wish I could create at night, I do my best work in the morning. :)
I can understand staying up at night to craft. No distractions - perfect time.
This card is gorgeous. I admire your patience with all the detail. But then I see that coming through in your stitching, too. Love the J - now looking forward to the fairy.
LOL!! I do the exact same thing while the house is quiet--enjoy! gorgeous Christmas card, I love how you did an oval and cut out the tree
Debs
xxx
Hi Jen - what a cute card and I love that u were listening to star wars while making it! lol I am ALWAYS listening to SOME show too...I often wonder if it does reflect my design too! Off to check out your reading blog now! :)
Hi Jen....lol I craft at strange hours too! In fact midnight is my favourite time of the day, when the house is quiet and I can potter about and do as I please....'me' time! Lovely work as always! xx Jenny xx
Goodness this is just Adorable! Love the Wonderful Snowy scene So Pretty! Thanks so much for your Sweet comment on my blog! Sure put a smile on my face! 8-)
Hope you have a lovely week!
Hugs
Shannon
Oh how beautiful...I love the white you've added to the flourish swirls and the entire winter scene.
Post a Comment