I can finally show everyone the mysterious exchange project I was working on for the Rotating Designers Exchange blog. It traveled a long way to its recipient. It went to Nina who lives in Turkey. Believe me when I say, I was praying really hard that the post office would not fail me.
This design is from "Pins and Needles" by The Prairie Schooler. I finished it into a pin keep. This was my first time finishing a project in a manner other than a frame. I am very proud of myself that I didn't mess up! The green fabric in the picture is the fabric on the backside. I didn't make the red trim like most instructions say. I bought that trim from the local fabric store. A much easier option.
Now...would you like to know what I received in this Exchange? My mystery stitcher was Mouse. Notice anything familiar with one of the pieces she stitched me?
This design is from "Pins and Needles" by The Prairie Schooler. I finished it into a pin keep. This was my first time finishing a project in a manner other than a frame. I am very proud of myself that I didn't mess up! The green fabric in the picture is the fabric on the backside. I didn't make the red trim like most instructions say. I bought that trim from the local fabric store. A much easier option.
Now...would you like to know what I received in this Exchange? My mystery stitcher was Mouse. Notice anything familiar with one of the pieces she stitched me?
Now how coincidental is that! She stitched the same design for me that I stitched for Nina. I'll admit I had to do a double take when I opened the package cause at first 1 and 1 didn't make 2 in my mind immediately. I thought that was really cool.
I hope you all had a good start to your week. I'll be back with some more project updates. I've been working on some other projects with deadlines so I had to skip out on this month Hermit and Stitch Weekend. I've actually been playing with beads lately...but that's all I'm gonna say for now. ;)
Happy Crafting!
Jen
6 comments:
Very pretty pin keep - and so much fun that you got the same thing in return! :D
Sometimes there are coincidences that amaze you. Well, the best part s that it was definitely something you liked. Looks great!
Lol, I thought I was seeing double too!! Congrats on your first pin keep! It looks loads better than my first :D
Love those pin cushions...and what coincidence...but then again, I don't really believe in them..it is fate..and sounds like the circle is pretty tight....what goes around comes around...xx
Great job on the pinkeep, Jen, and whoah on receiving the same thing!!!! :D
Great job on the pinkeep, Jen, and whoah on receiving the same thing!!!! :D
Post a Comment