Hello Friends!
I have some pics to share with you of my recent vacation. I won't post all of them, but just a few. My boyfriend, son and I went on a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise to the Bahamas two weeks ago. It was only 4 days and 3 nights, but it was wonderful. This was our first cruise. It was such a wonderful experience. We loved it!
I used to be a workaholic. I spent many hours working past the usual office hours and even worked from home, but I have come to realize that working like that is so mentally unhealthy for you. I don't work like that anymore. I have such a different perspective on vacations and time away from work now. I think vacations and time off are so important and necessary. Thankfully, I realized this at 28 instead of 48.
Back to my cruise story! The cruise left Miami, FL (where I live) and ported in Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas. For those of you curious about the Bahamas, I will be honest and tell you that Nassau is nothing exciting to see. I was warned by others about that, but I prefer to see something for myself first before deciding. O Man! the island citizens come at the tourists off the ships like bees to honey and that is not even an exaggeration. You get approached for taxi drives, carriage rides, buying knick knacks, hair braiding...etc..from so many people. I was mighty thankful for the souvenir shops around cause you could duck into those and avoid getting approached. My poor boyfriend was a constant target. He is 6'6". You can't really miss him in a crowd. :)
Here we go with the pics:
I have some pics to share with you of my recent vacation. I won't post all of them, but just a few. My boyfriend, son and I went on a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise to the Bahamas two weeks ago. It was only 4 days and 3 nights, but it was wonderful. This was our first cruise. It was such a wonderful experience. We loved it!
I used to be a workaholic. I spent many hours working past the usual office hours and even worked from home, but I have come to realize that working like that is so mentally unhealthy for you. I don't work like that anymore. I have such a different perspective on vacations and time away from work now. I think vacations and time off are so important and necessary. Thankfully, I realized this at 28 instead of 48.
Back to my cruise story! The cruise left Miami, FL (where I live) and ported in Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas. For those of you curious about the Bahamas, I will be honest and tell you that Nassau is nothing exciting to see. I was warned by others about that, but I prefer to see something for myself first before deciding. O Man! the island citizens come at the tourists off the ships like bees to honey and that is not even an exaggeration. You get approached for taxi drives, carriage rides, buying knick knacks, hair braiding...etc..from so many people. I was mighty thankful for the souvenir shops around cause you could duck into those and avoid getting approached. My poor boyfriend was a constant target. He is 6'6". You can't really miss him in a crowd. :)
Here we go with the pics:
Bye Bye Miami!
Atrium of the Norwegian Sky Ship
My Son, Christian and Man Child, Brian :)
Our 200 sq ft Balcony Room
The smallest bathroom ever! It is a very strange feeling being in a small shower while you can feel the ship moving.
Sweet Sunset! The ocean is so calming to watch and listen to.
Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. This is Norwegian's Cruise Line's private beach island.
This is Christian.
Me and Christian
Isn't this the coolest Towel Animal? It is an Elephant. Our room steward was awesome. Beds were ready every night. If anything was on the floor, he would fold them up neatly or hang them up.
Nassau, Bahamas. (Not too much to see)
Off in the distance is the Atlantis Resort and Casino on Paradise Island, Bahamas. We didn't go there. The ticket to go there and walk around their resort was $50 a person...not happening! But we are going to make a trip just to go there. It is a really pretty resort just by looking at pictures online.
Even though Nassau is not much to see, I did find some really neat craft items that I just had to have. I love finding arts and crafts from places that I visit. I am a crafter so I have a great appreciation for the work that others do. Check these out!
Basket Weaving is a really popular craft. I was watching some ladies do it. I love the frog and just had to have this bag. It will come in handy for carrying my stitching projects.
And the girl sewed my name on the back...by the way, you should have seen this monster of a needle they use to stitch the designs. It was huge and kind of scary.
I was in a souvenir shop buying a couple items. While at the register, I noticed these pretty dolls right below where I was standing.
Funny enough, my boyfriend was looking at the doll after I bought it and found it could look like this.
The doll flips inside out! Then I saw the tag...O!...its a flip-flop doll. Very pretty and creative.
My last picture...A gorgeous horizon that I sat on my balcony and watched as we sailed home.
Now I'm back to reality. Before I go, let me share my most memorable experience of this cruise. In the ship, there is a French restaurant. My boyfriend ordered Escargo (can't remember the spelling). Its a fancy french word for plate of SNAILS. I'm not an adventurous food person, but my boyfriend was really pushy for me to try one. It was actually really DELICIOUS. I was amazed and really surprised at myself for having one.
So, my advice to you friends, make time for vacations. Work is just work. Don't let it get in the way of seeing the world and finding time for yourself and family.
Jen
5 comments:
Sounds like you had a fabulous time on vacation. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I loved seeing your pics. Thanks for sharing them!!
Beautiful pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Looks like it was a lot of fun. Glad you found some crafts.
Looks like a lot of fun. And those towel animals are awesome! I can't believe you actually enjoyed those snails though! :)
Sounds like you have a fabulous time Jen. The pics are amazing. We're heading for summer, so the lovely white beach is particularly appealing. hugs Sharon
Post a Comment