Thursday, December 22, 2011

Decisions Decisions...

I've been feeling inspired lately to try a different kind of cross-stitch project for 2012. Something a bit more ambitious. I have been trying to decide between either a Heaven and Earth Design or a Chatelaine. I was looking at the Chatelaine website the other night. The Chatelaine's are gorgeous but expensive! I know you can substitute threads, but I know me. I will want the silks. On the other hand, HAED projects are pretty and extremely detailed too but I hear the words "confetti stitches" a lot on blogs. That term scares me a little bit. I checked out the HAED website anyways and I found they have mini designs that are around 8 x 10. I think I can manage that. Now, the hard part is picking the chart to do. Will you help me decide? I have narrowed down my choices to three.

"Mini Citrine"

 "Mini Friends Forever"

  "Mini Goblins Fae"

Decisions...Decisions...What do you think?

Jen

10 comments:

Colleen said...

8x10 is mini? Wow, that is a bit amibitious.LOL!!! I agree, I would love to stitch with the silks, also. I do like ALL your choices, really like Friends Forever

Agi said...

I do Chatelaines and HAED parallel, both are gorgeous in their own way, and I think it is good to rotate them because they are quite different to stitch! I would opt for Citrine from these three. I am (slowly) on the way of finishing my first HAED, you can check my blog (www.aginetblogja.blogspot.com) for tips, I collected them to a post somewhen in the summer. Whatever you choose I advise to buy the coloured pattern, it is a little more expensive, but definitely worths the price, much easier to stitch from!

cucki said...

wowww they are all so lovely..i love forever friends so much too :)
hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Goblins Foe or Friends forever. I like them both. Good luck

Carol J

Unknown said...

My vote goes to Mini Friends Forever.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

I like citrine it's pretty.

Joysze said...

Sarah (http://sarahislostinstitches.blogspot.com/) does some wonderful Chatelaine conversions which makes them super affordable. :)

I say either Citrine or Friends. My question about Friends is: How do you feel about browns? :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like all three pictures but I think Citrine would be the most fun for you to stitch.
Personally though I'd be going for a DMC Chatelaine!!
I've just stitched a HAED style computer design with alot of pointless confetti and anything bigger than 3x3 would annoy me! They do look good stitched up though, just not for me.

kate n said...

Mini Citrine is my vote :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Friends Forever.
I am currently working on a HAED Sanctuary of Knowledge.