I really admire all of you stitchy gals that put up your stitching lists and goals for 2012 so early last month. I'm a terrible procrastinator, but then again I hate lists. I'm better at working on a project when the motivation or inspiration strikes me. To all of you participating in the Crazy January Challenge....Good Luck! I will be watching from the sidelines. I'm hoping to at least have 15 finishes by the end of the year myself. I just don't know what 15 projects those will be yet.
Actually I do have some stitching plans to share today. I don't have fifteen or even sixty projects planned like some, but just a few. I decided I wanted to work on a couple of big projects this year. At least one or two. Thank you to those who commented on my HAED post. I think I will wait on that project for now. Maybe in a few months, I will be inspired to start one of the Mini Charts. I think it will be Mini Citrine. I love the butterflies.
I did join two challenges and one SAL this year. The first challenge is Evalina's Oldest UFO Challenge. I have several really old UFO's in my closest that have to come out. They are all kits. I chose one of them. This one will probably take me more than a year to finish. May I present: "Everett's Cottage" by Thomas Kinkade. This kit is 10 years old. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. I guess I walked into Michaels one day and said "I feel like stitching a Thomas Kinkade today". Too bad time travel doesn't exist or else I would go back to that day and tell myself "No". I had done a little bit of the left hand corner and that was it. I could tell I've become a better stitcher in 10 years cause when I glanced at the back of my stitching, I got scared. I've made a page for this project where I will be posting my stitching progress as I go along.
The next challenge I joined is the 2012 BAP Sampler Challenge hosted by BeckySC. She is challenging participants to stitch a sampler that is at least 175 x 200 stitch count. If you finish by December 31, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 GC to an LNS of her choice. I've chosen "Little House Neighborhood" by Little House Needleworks. I've made a separate page on my blog to track my progress for this one.
Finally, I joined a SAL hosted by Linda. We will be stitching "Halloween House" by Ursula Michael. I was one of the lucky winners of this chart from her blog a few months back. It is a fun design I think. I will have a separate page for this one too.
Last but not least, I have my heart settled on a new Mirabilia called "Deepest Love". I have half of the materials, but I will wait a month or two before getting the rest. I can hear my credit card groaning.
**Almost forgot one more! From the Art of Disney....Mickey Mouse painting Walt Disney. Priceless!
Besides these big charts, I do plan on stitching smaller charts as well. I have fallen in love with Country Cottage Needleworks designs. I also want to stitch more ornaments for my tree next year. I have "0" ornaments right now. No lie! I will also continue participating in Exchanges. Those are so much fun. As I said my personal goal for 2012 is 15 finishes. If I can finish at least one of these big charts, I will be happy.
Lets see how I do!
Happy New Years!
Jen
Actually I do have some stitching plans to share today. I don't have fifteen or even sixty projects planned like some, but just a few. I decided I wanted to work on a couple of big projects this year. At least one or two. Thank you to those who commented on my HAED post. I think I will wait on that project for now. Maybe in a few months, I will be inspired to start one of the Mini Charts. I think it will be Mini Citrine. I love the butterflies.
I did join two challenges and one SAL this year. The first challenge is Evalina's Oldest UFO Challenge. I have several really old UFO's in my closest that have to come out. They are all kits. I chose one of them. This one will probably take me more than a year to finish. May I present: "Everett's Cottage" by Thomas Kinkade. This kit is 10 years old. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. I guess I walked into Michaels one day and said "I feel like stitching a Thomas Kinkade today". Too bad time travel doesn't exist or else I would go back to that day and tell myself "No". I had done a little bit of the left hand corner and that was it. I could tell I've become a better stitcher in 10 years cause when I glanced at the back of my stitching, I got scared. I've made a page for this project where I will be posting my stitching progress as I go along.
The next challenge I joined is the 2012 BAP Sampler Challenge hosted by BeckySC. She is challenging participants to stitch a sampler that is at least 175 x 200 stitch count. If you finish by December 31, you will be entered into a drawing for a $100 GC to an LNS of her choice. I've chosen "Little House Neighborhood" by Little House Needleworks. I've made a separate page on my blog to track my progress for this one.
Finally, I joined a SAL hosted by Linda. We will be stitching "Halloween House" by Ursula Michael. I was one of the lucky winners of this chart from her blog a few months back. It is a fun design I think. I will have a separate page for this one too.
Last but not least, I have my heart settled on a new Mirabilia called "Deepest Love". I have half of the materials, but I will wait a month or two before getting the rest. I can hear my credit card groaning.
**Almost forgot one more! From the Art of Disney....Mickey Mouse painting Walt Disney. Priceless!
Besides these big charts, I do plan on stitching smaller charts as well. I have fallen in love with Country Cottage Needleworks designs. I also want to stitch more ornaments for my tree next year. I have "0" ornaments right now. No lie! I will also continue participating in Exchanges. Those are so much fun. As I said my personal goal for 2012 is 15 finishes. If I can finish at least one of these big charts, I will be happy.
Lets see how I do!
Happy New Years!
Jen




9 comments:
good luck with your goals..
happy new year.love cucki xx
Wow Jen! what fab stitching goals! I think it would take me an entire year just to do one stitching project..lol
8-) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment! Sure made my day. 8-)
Hope you and your family have a Very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous 2012!
Hugs
Shannon
Looks like you have some great projects lined up, Jen! Mickey the artist is so cute!
Wishing you a very happy new year :)
Hi Jen! Thanks for joining the WIPocalypse. You have some great projects (and we're in all of the SAL's together, so I'll definitely be seeing your updates a lot!)
Happy stitching to you!
- Measi
Thanks for visiting my blog. I saw the BAP challenge the other day over at Becky Bees and thought I might be tempted. Still considering this one. I have a few designs that would fit the sizing :)
I love your Thomas Kinkaid. It's beautiful. And good for you to be doing several challenges. I hope you finish them all up this year!! Best of luck to you!
These are wonderful choices! What a great idea to have a different page for each one!
Ooooh, I'm going to love seeing each and every one of these take shape, Jen. :D
Good luck with your stitching goals. I love the Deepest Love...that will be stunning!
Post a Comment