Happy Thursday Friends:
Now that work has settled down, I have been able to get back to my normal stitching routine. I was able to work on Halloween House. It is coming along nicely. I can't stitch on it Friday nights with the other SAL girls since I have a bowling league that night, so I've made it my Monday project. I seem to have the motivation to work on it Mondays. Not sure why...
I also participated in the Spring Biscornu Exchange over at the Friendly Stitchers Yahoo Group. I have never done a biscornu before. They always looked complicated to me, but I was really amazed at how quickly I finished mine. It only took a weekend. Obviously, the time would vary based on the size. Mine was a little one. The bigger plus to this project...all materials came from my stash. Woohoo! I wanted to do something cute and fun for my partner, Lindsay. I thought these cows were too cute. Now I want to make one for me. :)
Now that work has settled down, I have been able to get back to my normal stitching routine. I was able to work on Halloween House. It is coming along nicely. I can't stitch on it Friday nights with the other SAL girls since I have a bowling league that night, so I've made it my Monday project. I seem to have the motivation to work on it Mondays. Not sure why...
I also participated in the Spring Biscornu Exchange over at the Friendly Stitchers Yahoo Group. I have never done a biscornu before. They always looked complicated to me, but I was really amazed at how quickly I finished mine. It only took a weekend. Obviously, the time would vary based on the size. Mine was a little one. The bigger plus to this project...all materials came from my stash. Woohoo! I wanted to do something cute and fun for my partner, Lindsay. I thought these cows were too cute. Now I want to make one for me. :)
"Cow Biscornu" by La Coccinelle Brodeuse
(Free pattern link here)
Stitched on 28Ct Forest Mist Linen
DMC Floss 310, 433, 437, 818
Design Size: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Since I needed some finishing help, I referred to the instructions on this site. They were excellent!
Thanks for looking everyone. Don't forget, the February International Hermit and Stitch Weekend is this weekend. I'll be working on my Thomas Kinkade project and starting my BAP project....Little House Neighborhood by Little House Needleworks.
Talk to you all later!
Jen
5 comments:
your sal is looking so sweet...
aww such a cute biscornu,,i love it so much..
big hugs cucki xxx
The biscornu turned out really cute. You did a great job. Great progress on HH.
Linda
great SAL progress and such a cute biscornu :D
Ahahaahahahahah, Jen!!! Your cow biscornu is too cute!!!
Halloween looks great too. Happy hermitting! :D
Nice progress on the SAL and the biscornu is so cute! Love those cows, lol!
Post a Comment