Remember the secret exchange piece I was working on a few weeks ago...well now I can show it! I participated again in the Stitched with Love Exchanges. Our theme this time was Love/Friendship. My recipient, Fiona, received my package. It made a long way across the pond to the U.K. I'm so glad the post office didn't fail me. My package was big.
"Fond Hearts" by Maggie Bonanomi - Blackbird Designs
Stitched on 28ct Jobelan - Lambswool
Stitched with Weeks Dye Works threads: Red Pear, Havana, Williamsburg Red, Collards
Finishing: Flatfold
I used all of the called for colors with the exception of one. The pattern called for Palomino for the leaves. The color looked too brown and even my LNS owner thought that was a strange color for leaves. I didn't want the leaves to look dead after all! This project was so enjoyable even though I had little time to finish it. (Long story there) I really didn't think it would take too long....until I got to the words which are all done over 1! I've never done over 1 stitching before so that was a first. I thought a Flatfold finish was perfect and I did it with the help of a wonderful tutorial provided by The Twisted Stitcher herself, Vonna. :) Her tutorials are awesome. You can visit her tutorial blog here.
Here is pic of the whole package I sent to Fiona.
And finally, here is the package I received from Shannon. I just love how she did the cube finish. I loved everything in her package to me.
Well that is all the news I can think of for today, time to get back to stitching.
Jen :)

5 comments:
wow everything is so lovely..
happy stitching xx
What a great exchange! I just love what you stitched for Fiona, Jennifer--beautiful work :)
Fond hearts is beautiful! Great work with the 1 over 1:)
What a niece piece you've stitched for the exchange! And how many lovely things you've sent with it!Great exchange!
What a fun exchange you had! Two hearts came out beautifully!
Post a Comment