Happy Tuesday Friends:
Life News: June was a complete blur. I can't believe my last post was a month ago, but then again I can. Sadly, my creative mojo took a vacation without me. That is why I have had nothing to show in the last several weeks. It tends to do that when I get worried about other things. Does that happen to you? Last month my biggest worry was over my car. I drove up to Ft. Myers, FL (about 2 1/2 hrs) from Miami for a weekend away and a bowling tournament. My car ended up giving me some unexpected trouble....again. I had just paid for a big repair 2 weeks before. Needless to say, that was stressful for me. The issues turned out to be nothing, but I know nothing about cars. I had no way of knowing that up there. Frankly I was tired of paying for things to be replaced just because it was old. When I came home, my main focus was on getting a new car. I would rather pay to have piece of mind then worry about where I was going to get stuck next and how much it would cost me. The car buying process was interesting. I never realized that not purchasing a car before was a factor against you! My argument to Honda was..."Well it's not my fault the Civic my Dad bought me lasted for almost 13 years...that's Honda's fault!" The guy couldn't help but laugh and approved me for a new car anyways. So my car headache is now gone.
I also found out yesterday that my great-grandma passed away. Bless her heart she was 98 years old, would have been 99 next month. My family is amazed she held on for so long. She was such a strong willed lady. I hope I live as long as her. The sad thing is she outlived, 5 out of 7 children and 1 grandchild. Something I can hardly fathom myself. This weekend is her funeral. I hate funerals. The only plus side to them is you get to see family you haven't seen in forever. I'll also be spending time with my aunt this weekend so that will be nice at least.
Stitching News: My creative mojo did return from its vacation. I stitched a Patriotic piece for an exchange. It came out so good, but I can't show that off yet. I did pull my Dawn of Spring SAL project out and finished up Part 2. I'm so proud of myself for my color choices on this piece.
This part included the Spider Rose stitch. (They are the swirls inside the diamonds) I loved doing those! They are so cool. I gave a squeal of happiness when I figured them out. My boyfriend gave me a wierd look when I did that. He just doesn't understand my obsessions and I don't expect him to. He did ask the question of all questions the other day...He goes "I always see you working on different projects, but not finishing much, how many projects have you started but not finished?" I go..."Um...13" (Little does he know that is just cross stitch. I have UFO quilt projects and crochet projects in the closet) He's like "How do you expect to finish anything if you keep starting new ones?" I said: "That's part of the fun in my hobbies...now leave me alone." ;D
Other News: I'll be participating in another blog hop this week. It just started this last Saturday. There are 100 bloggers spanned over several weeks showcasing their quilt squares. It is hosted by Jane at Jane's Fabrics and Quilts. You can find the complete schedule on her blog. She's a sweet lady and a super creative quilter too. I'll be back on July 7 with my Red White and Blue project.
Thank you for sticking with me this far friends. Your comments mean the world to me. They are so uplifting and encouraging.
Enjoy your weeks and Happy Fourth of July!
Jen
Life News: June was a complete blur. I can't believe my last post was a month ago, but then again I can. Sadly, my creative mojo took a vacation without me. That is why I have had nothing to show in the last several weeks. It tends to do that when I get worried about other things. Does that happen to you? Last month my biggest worry was over my car. I drove up to Ft. Myers, FL (about 2 1/2 hrs) from Miami for a weekend away and a bowling tournament. My car ended up giving me some unexpected trouble....again. I had just paid for a big repair 2 weeks before. Needless to say, that was stressful for me. The issues turned out to be nothing, but I know nothing about cars. I had no way of knowing that up there. Frankly I was tired of paying for things to be replaced just because it was old. When I came home, my main focus was on getting a new car. I would rather pay to have piece of mind then worry about where I was going to get stuck next and how much it would cost me. The car buying process was interesting. I never realized that not purchasing a car before was a factor against you! My argument to Honda was..."Well it's not my fault the Civic my Dad bought me lasted for almost 13 years...that's Honda's fault!" The guy couldn't help but laugh and approved me for a new car anyways. So my car headache is now gone.
I also found out yesterday that my great-grandma passed away. Bless her heart she was 98 years old, would have been 99 next month. My family is amazed she held on for so long. She was such a strong willed lady. I hope I live as long as her. The sad thing is she outlived, 5 out of 7 children and 1 grandchild. Something I can hardly fathom myself. This weekend is her funeral. I hate funerals. The only plus side to them is you get to see family you haven't seen in forever. I'll also be spending time with my aunt this weekend so that will be nice at least.
Stitching News: My creative mojo did return from its vacation. I stitched a Patriotic piece for an exchange. It came out so good, but I can't show that off yet. I did pull my Dawn of Spring SAL project out and finished up Part 2. I'm so proud of myself for my color choices on this piece.
This part included the Spider Rose stitch. (They are the swirls inside the diamonds) I loved doing those! They are so cool. I gave a squeal of happiness when I figured them out. My boyfriend gave me a wierd look when I did that. He just doesn't understand my obsessions and I don't expect him to. He did ask the question of all questions the other day...He goes "I always see you working on different projects, but not finishing much, how many projects have you started but not finished?" I go..."Um...13" (Little does he know that is just cross stitch. I have UFO quilt projects and crochet projects in the closet) He's like "How do you expect to finish anything if you keep starting new ones?" I said: "That's part of the fun in my hobbies...now leave me alone." ;D
Other News: I'll be participating in another blog hop this week. It just started this last Saturday. There are 100 bloggers spanned over several weeks showcasing their quilt squares. It is hosted by Jane at Jane's Fabrics and Quilts. You can find the complete schedule on her blog. She's a sweet lady and a super creative quilter too. I'll be back on July 7 with my Red White and Blue project.
Thank you for sticking with me this far friends. Your comments mean the world to me. They are so uplifting and encouraging.
Enjoy your weeks and Happy Fourth of July!
Jen

5 comments:
Your Dawn of Spring is very pretty! Congratulations on your new car. LOL at the conversation with your boyfriend.
I have to agree with Debbie's comment -the boyfriend conversation made me laugh, loved it. I'm glad you got yourself a new car, I think car shopping is the pits ! I'm always glad when it is over. Love your stitching. I pulled out a project that I have about 90% completed - but it is about 10 years old ! It is gorgeous but so much work and I haven't cross stitched for quite a while. Hopefully I will get it done, my mom keeps saying she wants to see it done (she's almost 95 ! ) Take care & keep stitching. Carol J
Congrats on the new car Jen. Love the conversation with your BF. Great stitching.
Linda
Wow! You were so lucky to have your great-grandmother with you all these years, Jen... 98 is quite a milestone. My grandma was the same age when she passed away. Somehow I always thought she would make it to 100.
I hope you enjoy your new car--we tend to keep ours a long time, too, and Hondas last forever :)
Glad your stitching mojo is back--your WIP is so pretty!
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. May your great-grandma rest in peace.
Congrats on your new car. Love the argument you gave. After that, how could he not approved you for a new car? ^.^
Pretty stitching. Such sweet colours you've chosen for the SAL.
LOL! Non crafters will never understand the thrill of starting new projects :P
Hugs,
Veronica.
Post a Comment