Monday, January 21, 2013

Jan IHSW: New Stitching Starts for the New Year

The new year has inspired me to start some new stitching projects. Yes, this would be in addition to the 12 WIP's listed to the right side, but that is okay! I still have full intentions on finishing those...eventually. I have not forgotten about them. ;)

In the past year though, I have joined many different stitching groups on Facebook full of sweet stitchers who love to chat and share their love of stitching. You would be surprised how many Stitch-A-Long groups there are. Naturally, I couldn't help myself and joined four! I have only started two projects so far.

The first SAL project is Nora Corbett's Bluebell Pixie.



Ever since I finished the "J" fairy, I have been wanting to do another Nora Corbett/Mirabilia pattern. I just didn't know which one. Since a bunch of girls were doing this one, I jumped on the wagon too.

I decided to stitch her on a piece of Hand-Dyed Fabric. This was the hardest part of kitting this project. I was down to 3 fabrics and I ended up buying them all to see them in person. The fabric I leaned toward the least turned out to be the one I chose when I saw it in person.

The fabric is a 32Ct Opalescent Cashel Linen called Sandy Pool from The Crafty Kitten. It is a beautiful mix of light greens with light blues and some shimmer. Here is my first few hours of progress. 


Would you believe some ladies are done already? And we only started this project on January 1. ;)

The second Facebook SAL group I joined was to stitch a Heaven and Earth Design. The design is called Porthole of Fantasy 1 by Jasmine Becket-Griffith. 

I haven't made much progress on this one. I've only put maybe 4 hours into it so far. Not much time for stitching during the week since work is absolute craziness in January.

 Progress as of January 7, 2013

Progress as of January 14, 2013

Well that is it for today. This was the first weekend of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for 2013. Unfortunately, I didn't get much stitching time in this weekend at all. I worked a little bit on Bluebell tonight and that was it. I can't wait for January to be over so I can enjoy my weekends again to the fullest.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and thank you for visiting me today.

**Hugs from Sunny Miami**
Jen
 

13 comments:

Claire said...

Nice progress.

McKenna C. said...

Oh I LOVE Bluebell Pixie! I hope to start Peony Pixie as soon as it arrives in the mail. :D

Great start and progress on your HAED! I've never been gutsy enough to buy or try one yet. :P

~McKenna

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love both of your WIPs! Great progress!

♥ Nia said...

I love Bluebell!! I stitched her one year ago =) Great start!! :D
Beautiful wips that you have on your hands!
hugs&smiles

cucki said...

Great progress xx

Emma/Itzy said...

Great stitching and I love the Crafty Kitten fabric, I ended up buying three pieces this weekend myself - no idea what I am going to stitch on them though!

Linda said...

Love both your new charts Jen. You have made a lot of progress on them.

Linda

demeter83 said...

Beautiful choices for lovely starts!
The facebook groups are so dangerous for encouraging new starts... I've had 2 so far this year and they're both down to stitching groups that I'm in!

Bea said...

You're off to a great start with both of them. Facebook groups are SO dangerous. LOL

SoCal Debbie said...

Bluebell Pixie is so pretty and you chose great fabric! Porthole of Fantasy is so cute, and I'm trying to figure out what area you started stitching.

I see you have the RNG in your side bar to choose what to stitch next, too! Don't forget about all your WIPs!

Anne said...

Yay! I love bluebell Pixie! Such sparkly bling! Lovely starts!!

Kate said...

Lovely start on Bluebelle & I love the HAED! Lol, FB got alot more fun once I found the stitchy groups too ;)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :) I love your two new starts.