Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Quick Birthday Card

Happy Sunday Everyone:

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend.

We were invited to a birthday party yesterday for two of our good bowling friends. It was loads of fun filled with good food, games, dancing, karaoki, and laughing. My son entertained the other kids, played in the pool and on the slip and slide. Thank goodness the weather was perfect as well. Not a drop of rain at all. Today was a different story though. It stormed with a vengeance earlier today.

This is the quickie birthday card I made yesterday before the party. I used paper and embellishments from a CupCards to Go kit. I tried not to over do the embellishments. I let the papers be the focal points. I decided to leave off the Stickles glitter glue since I was pressed for time. I didn't want to risk the glue not drying in time before we had to leave. Anyways, the green part of the paper that looks like grass was actually glittered paper. Just perfect enough. I love the bow don't you? It makes the middle look like a birthday present.


Today has been a lazy Sunday. I will now get back to working on the scarf I showed in my previous post. Truth be told, I actually unraveled what I started and started again. The scarf was actually too wide so I decided to start again. You craft and you learn right? Right...

Thanks for visiting me today. I'll be back soon. :-)

**Hugs from Rainy Miami**
             Jen


2 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so pretty..
Hugs x

Carol said...

Such a pretty card, Jen! And good luck with your scarf--I'm sure you'll get the width just the way you want it this time :)