Happy Sunday!
I finished my knitted scarf project today. I love how it turned out. What do you think?
This yarn I used was so nice to knit with. The yarn was actually a mix of wool and acrylic yarn woven together. This is what gave the scarf its mix of really thick rows of stitches with rows that look really open and lacey. Of course my silly self ignored the cardinal rule of knitting which was to make a swatch example first to see how many stitches made up an inch. I was about half way through the project when I realized the scarf looked way too wide. I was also worried about not having enough yarn to finish the entire thing. With that, I just decided to unravel what I did and started it again. I'm glad I did. I just barely had enough yarn for the whole thing. I managed to scrap together some yarn to add a little bit of fringe on each edge.
This scarf is being donated as a prize for a charity event my stepmom is putting together to raise money for the American Cancer Society. I hope whoever wins it loves it as much I do. It is very cozy and warm around the neck. A perfect accessory for the cold winter weather (that we hardly get in Miami LOL). I will be attending the event and you bet I will be putting in tickets to try and get this back! If not, I guess I will just have to knit another one. ;-)
I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday. I have some sewing projects to start for another charity event that my bowling association is doing to raise money for breast cancer awareness. I can't wait to show you those projects. Thank you for stopping by!
**Hugs from Sunny Miami**
Jen
I finished my knitted scarf project today. I love how it turned out. What do you think?
This yarn I used was so nice to knit with. The yarn was actually a mix of wool and acrylic yarn woven together. This is what gave the scarf its mix of really thick rows of stitches with rows that look really open and lacey. Of course my silly self ignored the cardinal rule of knitting which was to make a swatch example first to see how many stitches made up an inch. I was about half way through the project when I realized the scarf looked way too wide. I was also worried about not having enough yarn to finish the entire thing. With that, I just decided to unravel what I did and started it again. I'm glad I did. I just barely had enough yarn for the whole thing. I managed to scrap together some yarn to add a little bit of fringe on each edge.
This scarf is being donated as a prize for a charity event my stepmom is putting together to raise money for the American Cancer Society. I hope whoever wins it loves it as much I do. It is very cozy and warm around the neck. A perfect accessory for the cold winter weather (that we hardly get in Miami LOL). I will be attending the event and you bet I will be putting in tickets to try and get this back! If not, I guess I will just have to knit another one. ;-)
I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday. I have some sewing projects to start for another charity event that my bowling association is doing to raise money for breast cancer awareness. I can't wait to show you those projects. Thank you for stopping by!
**Hugs from Sunny Miami**
Jen
4 comments:
aww looking so pretty x
What a wonderful scarf, Jen--I'm sure whoever ends up winning it at the charity event will be thrilled!!
Super scarf, it looks really soft and cosy
beautiful finished scarf it looks cuddly!
Post a Comment