Hello Friends:
I have been a busy creative bee the last few weeks and have some more finished projects I couldn't wait to show you all. My cross-stitching has taken a back seat to other projects these last few weeks but for good reason. Of course, one of the projects was the scarf that I showed in my last post. It turns out that the charity event (which happened on Saturday) that I made that scarf for had too many prizes. My stepmother decided to keep it for another event she is coordinating for in November. I was fine with that. My honey and I still went to the other casino night charity event on Saturday. We had a great time and ended up winning a 2 night stay at a nice resort on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Nice way to end the evening don't ya think? I'm not complaining! :-D
Any hoo....So last month I was elected as Director to the Board of Directors of the Greater Miami Bowling Association here in Miami. One of our biggest bowling events that we hold in October is called "Bowl for the Cure". It is a tournament open to all of our bowling members where they can come, compete and help us raise money for Breast Cancer awareness. Our goal for this event is to raise $6,000 to donate to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Believe it or not, our bowling association board has never had someone amongst them who could sew. Believe that?! So I volunteered to make some one of a kind hand-made items to add to the items for sale at the tournament.
Here are the first two items that I made. I will be making a few more of each.
First: An IPAD/10" Tablet Device Sleeve.
It is perfectly padded inside with a heavyweight stabilizer. There are two pockets in the front for accessories. Plus check out the inside. It is completely lined. Isn't it awesome?!
I found this wonderful pattern on Etsy.com. The designer is a UK designer called SusieDDesigns. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/151728626?ref=fb2_tnx_title.
I am so proud of how this came out. The pattern was clear and easy to follow. I keep looking at it and find myself in amazement that I actually made it. My sewing machine got a good workout with this project.
The second little project I made is an IPod Holder.
Back View: It has a pocket for earbuds.
I found this easy to sew pattern on Etsy as well. It is by Jody'sCraftCreations. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/149205122?ref=fb2_tnx_title
I just bought another pattern from SusieDDesigns to make a smaller sleeve for Kindles and Nooks. I'll make sure to pop by and post a pic when I finish one of these.
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy some cooler weather in your near future. Unfortunately, Miami has one temperature...HOT!
**Hugs from Miami**
Jen
6 comments:
They are fabulous, good luck in the fundraising and have fun!
wow they are so beautiful...
good luck dear for the fundraising..
big hugs x
Great job Jen. They are both really pretty. Good luck.
Linda
They look really good.
Good luck with the fundraising.
I'm sure your pretty creations will help your bowling association achieve their fundraising goals, Jen!
Post a Comment