Only 12 days into the New Year and I have a stitching finish! A great start to my 2014 stitching resolutions.
January Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks:
January Cottage by Country Cottage Needleworks:
Stitched on 28ct Lambswool Linen
Colors used as charted
Black Beads used for Snowman Eyes and Buttons (instead of French Knots)
Finish: A Flat Ornament.
I finished this as a flat ornament using the fabulous finishing instructions by Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher.
I tried something different for finishing the edges of the ornament.
I didn't have any cording in my stash that matched so I glued ribbon around the edge instead. Truth be told, I was given a few boxes of beaded trim and ribbons from my stepmom's friend. I thought it was silly to go buy more cording when I have so much ribbon and trim to use now. I used some of the beaded trim for the hanger as you can see. I added the pins to give it that extra finish. I love how it turned out. The other 11 months will be finished the same I think.
I'm sure many of you are tired of seeing snowflakes right now. Its been a warm January in Miami and I wish I could send you northerners some heat. We had one cold day. Then the following day it jumped back to 80 degrees. We are looking forward to a few more cool days of 40 and 50 degree weather next week.
I'm still sticking with my stitching plans although January is a busy work month for us accountants. Sunday is my only day in the week to truly relax since we have to work Saturdays this month. Today, dear boyfriend and I will be enjoying a nice afternoon lunch date.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
**Hugs from Sunny Miami**
Jen


13 comments:
A beautiful finish ;)
January Cottage came out great! Love how you finished it.
What a lovely finish, it looks beautiful. xx
Congratulations on a beautiful finish!
Beautifully stitched and finished so lovely too, well done on your first finish this year.
Sweet stitching, and great finishing!
January Cottage is so cute and I love the way you finished it!
gorgeous finish :D
Such a cute finish, Jen--your finish is darling :) Yes, please send some of your heat north--we're heading for another cold spell (although not as bad as earlier in January!).
Love your January Cottage finish. So pretty.
I am still waiting for snow over here in England. We haven't seen a single snowflake where I live yet and it is unseasonably mild.
That is just so pretty! Nice way of being resourceful and using what you've got. Are you from Miami Florida? The first blogger I meet from my own city!!!
Hi there,
I'm helping Vicki from 2 Bags Full go through all the blogs who wanted to participate in the Grow Your Blog event. The post is to be done by 4 o'clock today, or if you have changed your mind, no problem, your blog will be removed from the list by the end of the day.
Love the background you have on your blog. Just gorgeous!
Andrea
I can see me gaining some lovely finishes as well as chart ideas from your lovely blog. Your work is beautiful:)
Post a Comment