Saturday, June 28, 2014

Falling in Love with Crochet Again.

It is absolutely storming here today in "Sunny" Miami as I write this post. In fact, it has been like this everyday since the end of May. It is turning out to be another typical summer for Miami where it rains every single day at the same time. Well, at least the rain keeps me indoors and out of trouble in the craft stores. How's the summer weather where you are?

These last few weeks I have been busy playing with Yarn. I enjoy knitting but I am finding that I enjoy crochet more. Perhaps that is because I am still new to knitting and don't have much experience yet with it. I am on a mission to learn how to make socks though. I just have to master those crazy double pointed needles. 

After about the 6th attempt at starting socks, I decided to pick up my crochet hooks again. I have so much yarn stash that I have decided to use it up for projects for my Etsy Store. I have come to realize in the last few weeks that I know absolutely nothing about yarn. I thought I did, but I don't! It is not all the same. The information on the label is there for a reason and just because you can use one kind of yarn to make this item doesn't mean you can use this different yarn to make the same item. Boy I can kick myself for spending so much money on stashing yarn.

Here are a few projects I have crocheted in the last few weeks. It is a start, but I'm working on more to add. I can only keep so many items for myself.

Travel Cup Cozies 
A nice alternative to those cardboard sleeves the coffee shop uses. I got the pattern from another lovely artist on Etsy.

***
Coasters with Color

***
Soap Sacks
This is my own design. Working on a new one.


I am enjoying my new adventure with my Etsy Store. I found that it takes quite a bit of time to get it going. There is so much to learn especially if you are new at selling your crafts. I am enjoying it, but as far as Etsy goes, the competition is tough. There are so many talented artists all with the same goals of selling their items. I have found quite a bit of inspiration too.

I made a couple of new Scissor Fobs too


****

****

****


As a special thank you to you my blog readers who I consider my Blog Buddies, I have decided to offer you a special 10% discount to anything in my Etsy store. This my way of saying Thank You for taking the time to read my little blog and for your encouraging comments on my creations throughout this new adventure. My offer is good from now through July 31. Just use the code BLOGBUDDY10 in the coupon area of the checkout. I will be adding more items in the coming weeks so keep checking back.

I hope you have a Fabulous Weekend.

**Hugs and Love from Rainy Miami**
Jen

3 comments:

cucki said...

Aww they so cute..I am learning crochet too and I am making hexagonal squares :)
Lovely scissor fobs
Hugs x

Anne said...

Crocheting is addicting isn't it?! Love all that you have done so far! Good luck with the Etsy venture. I have considered doing that too but I don't have enough to sell!

Julie said...

You've been making some really lovely things.