Monday, June 2, 2014

Playing with Beads

I have not crafted with beads in a long time. In fact, I have such an extensive bead stash that until recently I had no idea what to do with it. There was a time that I was into making beaded flowers.


That time was long ago as I haven't made these in a couple of years. The final result is pretty but the process to make these is not enjoyable at all. I could make them every once in a while, but not everyday all day. My poor fingers won't tolerate that. 

 One day I was reading one of my favorite blogs: Sew We Quilt. Madame Samm is so creative and her blog is so much fun to read. She always has new fun project in the works. I don't think the lady sleeps but she swears up and down to her readers that she does. Just recently, she taught herself how to make Scissor FOBS. I thought to myself, what a perfect way to use up my bead stash. I should give it a try. Here are the few I have created so far:





The FOBS are a great project for larger beads but not so much seed beads. What that in mind, I went on an internet search for what I could do with my seed bead collection. I came across a project that spoke to the inner book worm in me. Book Marks! or as they are sometimes called Book Thongs. 



There is still something so wonderful about having an actual book in your hand. I have an e-reader which I love but it still doesn't compare to having an actual book in my hand. 



Aren't those beads on the end lovely? They are glass beads with a gold foil inside. I found them at the local bead store in a tray of loose beads they were selling.

I've decided to put all of these new beaded beauties for sale in My Etsy Store. If any peek your interest, click on the link or the widget on the right bar of my page to be taken straight to my store.

I decided to take today off from work to give myself another 3 day weekend. I think I will spend some time today on my stitching. I started working on my Bluebell Fairy's dress. I am really enjoying it. She is starting to really come to life on the fabric. I have also been doing some knitting, but I will show those projects in another post.

Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks for the lovely comments on my North Carolina pictures in my other post. I still miss NC. I can't wait till we can visit again.

 The summer time is definitely here in Miami as the rain clouds have started to kick up again. The humidity is getting worse too. Just more reason to stay indoors.

Take Care Everyone.

**Hugs from Sunny Miami**
Jen

4 comments:

cucki said...

They all so lovely x

Angela said...

Beautiful creations with the beads!

Carol said...

How nice to pull so many of your beads out of storage and make such pretty creations, Jennifer! The colors in your bookmarks are so pretty... Enjoy!!

Julie said...

You have made some wonderful things with beads, I too love a proper book, nothing beats the smell and feel of a newly opened book. The thongs looks super nestled in your books.