Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Unforgettable Moment and Scarf

I recently started a new project (like that's any surprise HA!). As you know, since I enjoy to knit and crochet, I have acquired a crazy yarn stash. I have become better though because some of what I have I bought before I understood what different yarns were for. I've learned that type and quality is way more important than just the pretty color. I will say that Ravelry is a crochet/knitter's best friend. There is so much inspiration on there for projects using different kinds of yarns.

This is a scarf I started using Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable Yarn in the colorway "Candied". It is 100% Acrylic with a little fuzziness to it. I'm using a pattern I found on Ravelry called "One Skein Unforgettable Scarf"


It is a combination of simple V stitches. It crochets up quickly and brings out the color changes so nicely in the yarn. I will say this yarn may not be everyone's favorite. The yarn is not consistent in thickness as you go because it will go from thread thin to thick in texture.

So what is my Unforgettable Moment you were wondering? Well yesterday we took a drive down to the Florida Keys to Key Largo which is about an hour away for a wedding that we were invited to. We get to the venue, a hotel, and went to the lobby to ask where to go. We told the front desk person the wedding we were there for and she looked as us with a quizzical look. It turned out the wedding we were there for yesterday was actually TODAY at 5:00pm. Needless to say since I am the keeper of dates in the house, my boyfriend gave me flack...in a loving way. He reveled in the joy of telling me I messed up. He is partially to blame though. He had the invite in his e-mail since January and didn't forward it to me till two weeks ago. He swore it was a Saturday also, not a Sunday. So we made the best of it and had dinner on the water since we were down there.


Time to go get ready for the wedding...again! Looking forward to the hour plus drive....again.

Hope you have a fabulous week. Thanks for stopping by as always.

**Hugs and Love from Sunny Miami**
Jen

5 comments:

Linda said...

Love the scarf your crocheting Jen. Crochet is still my favorite hobby. Did you see my yarn stash?

Linda

Justine said...

I like your scarf very much. It looks like it's knitting up quickly.
I definitely blame your boyfriend for your date mix up - his friend his responsibility! At least you were a day early and not a day late! Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Heather said...

Oh no! Lol at least you were too early instead of too late! I love your scarf the colors are gorgeous :)

Julie said...

Beautiful scarf, looking colours in the wool you have chosen for it.
Wishing the happy couple a wonderful life together.

Carol said...

Better that you were too early for the wedding than too late, Jen! Glad you had a nice dinner anyway and I hope you did enjoy the real wedding day :)

Love your scarf--such pretty yarn!