Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trying this Sock Knitting Stuff Again.

I decided to jump back into a new sock project. I had some beautiful yarn in my stash that was just calling to me. I chose a lovely yarn by Expression Fiber Arts. I heard this yarn was really nice to knit socks with so I was eager to try it out. I would be farther along with my sock progress except I ran into this little problem first:


It took me six hours last week to untangle this mess. It was my fault. I untwisted the hank and didn't think to put it around the back of a chair before I started winding it into a ball. It was a true test of patience getting it sorted out. 

Now I have this:


Much better right? This is the cuff of the sock. The colors look great I think. The stitch definition is so nice. I used an easy sock pattern this time around. 

I have also crocheted some more on my Unforgettable Scarf that I showed in my last post. It is coming along nicely. I have already bought some new colors to make a couple others in the near future. In case you missed my last post, here is my crochet scarf in progress:


I will continue working on this until it is 55 inches long. Right now I only have about 38 inches done.

That is all of my crafty progress for this week. Tomorrow night I will be leaving to Orlando to visit family for the Halloween weekend. We have plans to visit one of my favorite places while I'm there.


I can't wait to try the yummy foods from the different countries! The weather is supposed to be perfect too.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and a fun spooky Halloween weekend with lots of candy.


**Hugs and Love from Sunny Miami**
Jen

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love the socks and scarf Jen. Have fun this weekend.

Linda

Carol said...

Your weekend sounds like such fun--enjoy that warm, sunny weather, Jen!

Love your new sock start--I'll bet this one will go much better for you :)

Heather said...

Pretty! I love the colors you use. I love the food and wine festival. Last time I was there I tried some escargot and hubby refused to kiss me for the rest of the night. Lol men

Becca Sadler said...

Jen, I loved seeing what projects you are working on! I really LOVE the scarf color combination and the sock' variegated is pretty special, too, for someone who loves purples and pinks!

Keep crafting and posting photos! By the way, my mom and an aunt just returned from Deltona and spent parts of 2 days at different Disney sites. My cousin works in the engineering/infrastructure company that keeps all the Disney complexes functioning. So enjoy your weekend visit to Epcot! :)

Brigitte said...

Both these yarns have great colours. Must be fun to work with them.

Julie said...

Super sock knitting. Hope you had a lovely Halloween weekend with your family.