Yes the title did say Finish! My lovely Unforgettable Scarf is finished.
******
******
I am very pleased with how this turned out. So pleased in fact that I bought a few other colors to make more. I actually had two skeins of this same color so I went ahead and listed this one in my Etsy store. The next one I'll keep for me. These colors are just absolutely lovely, and the scarf pattern is perfect if you just want a lightweight accessory scarf. This is definitely not a scarf for warmth.
I also made some progress on other projects.
I knitted 16 rows on my niece's baby blanket. It is officially 1 foot tall. I need to keep going until it's 39". Still have a ways to go on this project.
I also made some good progress on my new sock project.
I finished the cuff and proceeded onto the leg part. This pattern I am using is called a "Vanilla" pattern. In other words, a very simple sock pattern. The pattern is repetitive with no special pattern changes or anything. I was afraid this one was going to be boring but surprisingly this pattern works up quickly. I am loving the colors. As you can see they are taking on a "pooling" effect not a stripping effect. This would drive some knitters crazy, but not me.
Finally, I also did some stitching this week on my Lizzie Kate Christmas design I started back in September for the Christmas SAL blog.
It's nearly there! Only a few more presents to finish on the left and then I have to stitch the last word "Tangle". After that, it will be done just in time for Christmas.
Well that's all for my project progress this week. I was able to do quite a bit on my projects last weekend when I was out of town. I had a lot of down time watching TV and movies at my aunt's house. It was the perfect opportunity for some crochet and knitting. My son, my one aunt and myself did go to Epcot at Walt Disney World the Friday before Halloween. It was a beautiful day. The Food and Wine Festival was great. I will tell you all that Disney really makes hand over foot at that event. After going a few times, I have determined that the food is a better value over the alcoholic items for sale in the different countries. You could pay $8.00 for 2 ounces of a drink that you could probably make yourself at home or buy at a liquor store.
Halloween was okay. It seems that every year it gets less and less exciting. People don't decorate their homes or even stay home to pass out candy to trick or treaters. We came upon homes that were decorated, but the candy was just in a bowl at the door for the taking. The essence of Halloween fun just doesn't seem to be around like it used to. Has anyone noticed this as well?
I hope you all have a great week. It will be a long week for me. My mind is heavy at the moment as I heard news this morning that my grandfather had passed away. He had been in hospice since last Thursday so the untimely news of his passing was expected. I'm just glad he's in a better place. The last few years have been really difficult for him and I am relieved that he went peacefully and lived out the last week of his life resting comfortably.
Thank you for visiting and listening to me ramble a bit. Till next week.
**Hugs and Love from Sunny Miami**
Jen
P.S. I am running a Christmas sale in my Etsy store from now until December 18th. Use the Coupon Code XMAS2015 for 15% off anything. I will be working on some new items for the store this month also.






7 comments:
Congrats on all of the lovely finishes Jen. I am so enjoying my crocheting. I am very sorry for your loss.
Linda
The scarf is very pretty. I love the colors. Congratulations on the finish! I like your other projects as well.
What a lovely scarf--nice for the rare cool Florida days :)
Hit the enter key too soon! I meant to add how sorry I was to read about your grandpa, Jen--remember the happy times!
Well done on your finish - I love the colours!
This year we had no one knock on our door at Halloween. Most of the kids round here went to house parties instead of trick or treating.
Lovely finish and sorry about your loss. Maybe this Halloween was different because it was on a Saturday so more people were out partying?
I'm sorry your family has suffered the loss of a much loved member {{hugs}}.
Pretty craftwork you've been doing, the scarf looks very soft and cosy
Post a Comment