Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Masculine Card / Three New Challenges

Happy Sunday All!

I decided to participate in a challenge to make a masculine card. I have realized that they are not easy. I can't use my flowers, pearls or any of my other bling on them. I have to remind myself that men are simple beings and like simple things. I found this fantastic image by Deborah Moore at Card-Making Downloads. I thought it was a perfect focal that says "Relax and be lazy on your birthday". I think any man would appreciate that. The papers are from DCWV and the embellishments are from Hot off the Press.

I'm entering this card into three challenges:

1) Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Challenge #95 - "Its a Man'sWorld"
2) Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Challenge #44 - "Buttons and Bows"
3) Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Challenge #35 - "Anything Goes"

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon everyone. :)

13 comments:

pennyd said...

Great card, Jen! I'm sure a man will appreciate this card!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Great card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jen
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Courtney said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Julye said...

How typical of many a fisherman and they say its a hobby of hard concentration. Fab image and fun card, thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Cathy said...

Fabulous man's card. Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Suzanne said...

This is great. And, you are right - most men will appreciate it, lol. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week x

Joann Mannix said...

That is such a cute card! I guess I probably shouldn't be saying a masculine card is cute, but it really is.

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my BON day. Oui, Oui.

Suzie said...

Such a great card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Paul said...

I'm enjoying having a look at all these great male inspired cards - loads of wonderful ideas. Thanks for drawing my attention to your blog and letting me visit.
TFS
Paul

Aunty Sue said...

fab card and thanks for joining carfty catz

Jennifer said...

Fabulous 'man' card. xx Jenny xx