Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some Christmas Card Challenges...

Happy Saturday!

I finally got around to making a Christmas card like I wanted. Unfortunately though some of the card challenges I wanted to enter are already over. But there are a few still open so Yay!

I've been watching Mary over at Cardz TV and I absolutely love her videos. She is so talented and I have learned so much. I decided to take a cue from her and make a smaller card base size. She uses 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card bases, which are much smaller than what I was using. I have to say that I really like the smaller card bases. Sometimes working on a smaller area is so much easier than a bigger one, unless you are someone that enjoys going embellishment crazy on your cards and need the extra space. Plus your papers go a longer way i.e. you have more to use on another project. I also practiced using my paper trimmer as a guide for my cutting. Before I was measuring and cutting in a different manner, but it seemed so cumbersome and my papers never came out quite straight. After watching Mary's videos, using the paper trimmer made a lot more sense.

Card Supplies:
4 1/4" X 5 1/2" Card Base
Christmas papers from Hot off the Press - Christmas Creative Pack
DigiStamp: Christmas Mouse with Mistletoe by Bug A Boo Stamps
Red Nail Head Stickers by Hot off the Press
Gold Stickles by Ranger
Snowflake Sticker from my Stash
Crayola Colored Pencils
Basic Markers

I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
1) Paper Sundaes - Christmas in July
2) Christmas Card Challenges - Any Christmas Card
3) Creative Inspirations - Christmas in July
4) Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything Goes

If any of you are interested in seeing Mary's video's, just click the button on my sidebar and it will take you directly to her blog.

Now time for some stitching! Stay cool and creative everyone. :)
Jen




8 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Cute card Jen. Good luck in your challenges!!!

Fiona said...

this is so sweet, such a cute image.


Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

fi
x

juelmarie said...

Great job - I use that size the most - makes it pretty simple - but easy to run out of space - LOL! Great job and thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges - Good luck!

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

Amanda R said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card loving the design and that cute image thank you for joining us at creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

great blog and cards
Jen
craftypatti

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, returning the following, albeit belatedly as I couldn't find your blog until you left today's comment!
Happy blogging
Jo x
ps is the "J" for me?

Cheryl said...

Cute card, Jen. Traditional colors, but a fresh new look for Christmas. :D