Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Most Productive Stitchy Weekend

Hello All!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and got some much needed creative time in. I had a great weekend that consisted of three different Christmas parties. Yes...three of them. My office one was Friday afternoon. I took my son to a children's Christmas party on Saturday afternoon and I attended my parent's yearly Christmas party last night. Today (Sunday), I was a hermit and stitched as part of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. I spent nine hours stitching today. I know this for sure cause I watched three Star Wars movies on TV today back to back. All of those movies are super long, but phenomenal to watch.

Did I mention I finished my "J" fairy by Nora Corbett yet? No? Well I did! In fact, I finished it today!
Happy dance time! (Click picture for a prettier view)

Letters From Nora by Nora Corbett
"Letter J" - Jordan
Stitched on 32ct Jobelan Evenweave by Wichlet - "Waterlily"
Threads: Crescent Colours and Kreinik as called for in Pattern
Embellishments: Mill Hill Beads and Crystal Treasurers
Started: July 2011 - December 2011

Now, if any of you are thinking that mine looks different than the model on the chart cover then you are right to be assuming so. The stitched model is missing some back stitching on the fairy. Also some areas on the fairy's dress had colors changed also. I can only assume the designer made those changes to the chart at the last minute.

Thanks for looking friends. I hope you all are prepared for Christmas. Only one week left! It will be here before we blink an eye.

Enjoy your week. :)
Jen

7 comments:

missy-tannenbaum said...

That's such a pretty finish! The pattern was a nice choice, and the half stitching in her hair accessory is a nice effect. Plus, the colors look great on that fabric.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely finish :D

cucki said...

aww sweet cutest finish..i love it..
well done
hugs cucki xx

Diane (di) said...

Yay you made some serious hermitty progress this weekend. :) I'm happy dancing with you... congratulations on your finish!

Joysze said...

Jen!!! You finished her and she looks AWESOME!!!!! :D :D :D Will you be framing her up?

Anne said...

Super pretty!! I love the ornate J!!

Merry Christmas!!

♥ Nia said...

Congrats on your finish!! beautiful :)