Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hello October!


I love October! This is my favorite month of the year. Not only does the weather get more beautiful, but it signals that Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are near. We don't get Fall weather per se' in Miami. We don't experience the leaves changing colors and the cooler evenings but I have to admit that this weekend was lovely. It was breezy each day and there was no rain! It was delightful to run errands and be outside.

I worked some more on my Lizzie Kate Christmas stitching this week. I obviously didn't finish before Wednesday for the SAL deadline, but that's okay. I'm going to continue stitching on this in October and jump back in for the new Christmas theme in November. 



Remember my Sock project I was working on...

Well it magically transformed back into this:


I decided that I was not ready to tackle this sock pattern like I thought. I was getting so frustrated with it. I was tired of frogging my mistakes. I've made a decision that if I don't enjoy a project I'm doing, I am not going to continue doing it. I would rather focus my time and energy on projects I enjoy making. I will keep practicing with simpler sock patterns. After all, I have to justify my sock yarn purchases right?

Finally, I would like to introduce you all to our new furbaby. His name is Tux, short for Tuxedo. He is about 10 weeks old.



Here is his story - A friend and her mom that we know from league bowling work for a veterinarian. This little guy along with his mommy, brother and sister were brought to their office back in July. The kittens were only a week old. The person who dropped them off tried to pay their office to have them all euthanized. He even tried to give them $20 for the job. They accepted the cats from the gentlemen and declined his $20. So for the past 9 weeks, they took care of all the cats at their office. We picked Tuxedo up yesterday. The vet gave him all his shots, free of charge. Tux is the sweetest little thing with so much personality. My other girl, Ellie Cat, is still getting used to him. He has no fear of her no matter how much she hisses at him. So my weekend has been full of cat sitting and potty training. Tuxedo is slowly learning the litter box. A totally new experience for me too. I've never had kittens before.

So that's it for this week everyone! Thank you so much for your visits and comments on my posts. I hope you all are enjoying lovely weather wherever you are. Have a fabulous week!

**Hugs and Love from Sunny Miami**
Jen

7 comments:

Justine said...

I love your LK. What a gorgeous kitten! He looks quite a character.

Joan said...

Hi - Just popped over from Justine's blog and have enjoyed having a read. What a lovely kitten. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

Linda said...

Oh I love your new furbaby Jen. Now I want a kitten. Lovely stitching and sorry about the sock.

Linda

Heather said...

Aww Tux is adorable! I'm so happy your vet made the choice to keep them. Good job on not continuing with something you weren't enjoying. Hopefully you get to use the yarn!

Julie said...

Your new furry friend is adorable.
Still love the sock wool, even when its back in its ball!

Carol said...

So glad you are enjoying some cooler fall weather, Jenn! I just love your new kitty--what a sweetie. Your yarn won't be safe from that one :)

Nice progress on your WIP and the rewound sock yarn will certainly be transformed into some other nice project--good luck!

Brigitte said...

Lovely progress on your WIP, Jennifer. And that sock yarn has such lovely colours that you will be able to use it for something else.